003

— 🐻 —

— 🐻 —

03. CONSTELLATIONS
星座

THE FORK SUNK into the cheesecake, making jungkook smile softly. feeding himself a forkful of the delicious dessert, his mind drifted to the girl from the grocery store.

he remembered every detail about her, the way his mind never seemed to forget a thing. eidetic memory. something he'd been born with and was still on the fence about whether it was a blessing or a curse.

he recalled her long straight black hair, pretty, downturned eyes that creased cutely when she smiled and long lashes that fluttered over her cheekbones whenever she blinked. he couldn't help but notice that one tooth slightly higher than the others whenever she had smiled at him. she was undoubtedly pretty.

he smiled, remembering the light blush that had dusted over her cheeks when they'd made eye contact. he found her oh so adorable.

glancing up at the dark expanse of prussian blue that was the night sky dotted with brilliant sparkles of stars, he sighed. leaning back on his chair, he traced the outlines of constellations, lips muttering their names.

being an astronomy major, he found himself doing this nearly every night, especially when his insomnia struck and the velvety fingers of sleep couldn't seem to tempt his body enough for it to take over.

his lips curved up softly when he discerned hercules in the sea of celestial diamonds. "hey there, hero." he mumbled, voice drifting out on the breeze that tousled his hair.

hercules had overcome many feats. but he wasn't able to do one thing. one thing jungkook would really have appreciated. and that was to put him to sleep.