038

— 🐻 —

— 🐻 —

38. SISTERS
姉妹

CHARLIE JUMPED IN surprise when her door banged against the wall loudly. "holy mother of–!" she shot a glare towards the door. lia was running excitedly towards her. "are you trying to fucking kill me?"

"sorry," the girl apologised with a quick wave of her hands. "i need a favour." she continued unflinchingly. her older sister just sighed and shook her head. they were all the same, definitely did share the same blood. "what?"

lia sat on the bed, watching her sister put on her makeup. "your boyfriend..." she trailed off, playing with her hair. pausing in the middle of applying pink gloss on her lips, charlie turned around, eyes bright with excitement. "is this you asking for boy advice?" she questioned. lia flushed crimson. "that's not it." she mumbled.

charlie's nose scrunched in disappointment. "why are you asking about leon all of a sudden, then?" she returned her attention to the vanity mirror, picking up the tube of gloss again. "he has an older brother, right?" the younger girl asked.

"what about kaito?" the interior designer to be cocked a brow in curiosity. "can you invite him to our end of summer barbecue too?" lia asked softly. once again, her sister turned around on the cushioned vanity stool, eyes narrowed in suspicion. "you're not about to break the soft cheesecake's heart for an older man, are you?"

lia's nose crinkled in disgust. "no! his birthday is coming up and i remember you saying kaito was an event planner or something. so i was hoping to talk him into helping me plan a little surprise."

capping the gloss quickly and placing it neatly back with the rest of her kit, charlie clapped her hands together. "oh, my god! that's so cute! when's rain boy's birthday?" she asked excitedly. the younger girl rolled her eyes. "it's september first."

"oh," the smile fell off her sister's face. "but, you'll be–" she started, hands resting on her lap. "in school by then, i know." lia sighed, brushing her hair back. "have you told him the school you're deciding on?" her sister asked softly.

letting out another sigh, she shook her head. "not yet." she mumbled. "either way, it's going to be difficult for us to see each other." she brushed her hair back behind her ears. pressing her lips together, charlie got on her feet and made her way to the bed, plopping down next to her little sister.

her arm went around her shoulders, pulling her closer. "if it's you two, i'm sure you can make it work. just like me and leon." she told her reassuringly. lia smiled gratefully.

"i mean what you two have is so pure. he calls you his teddy bear. if that isn't the cutest thing, i don't know what is. leon better come up with a cute nickname. like what the fuck is chaplin as a nickname?" charlie easily went off on a tangent.

the younger girl chuckled. "it might be cuter than you think." she supplied. "how is nicknaming me after a dead albeit iconic comic actor cute?" charlie cocked a brow at her. "well, you said it. iconic. maybe he thinks you're that. or maybe, like charlie chaplin lifted a lot of spirits in his time with his acting, you bring a whole lot of happiness to his life and everyone else around you."

charlie's face instantly softened. "lia!" she whined out, pulling her sister into a hug. "or it could just be because you two share a name and a birthday." lia chimed with a cheeky grin. her older sister immediately pushed her away. "you just had to ruin it, didn't you?" she scowled. lia laughed at her reaction, nodding her head.

charlie pushed a finger against her forehead, making her sister fall back. lia didn't stop laughing, grabbing her sister's hand. "i'm sorry, chaplin." she chirped. "do you want to die?" the girl widened her eyes, pinning her sister down. lia shook her head, still giggling.

the older girl smiled with a shake of her own head, letting go. she threw herself back on the bed, head bouncing with the action. her bobbed hair splayed on the covers. "but back to the reason you're here." she turned to lia. "i'll talk to leon and tell him to invite kaito and also tell him about your plan. i'm sure he'd love to help."

"thanks, sis." lia reached for her, pulling her into a tight hug. "okay, but don't suffocate me before i get to do anything." charlie gruffed out. chuckling, her sister let go. "ha! got you!" the older girl cackled, grabbing her sister in a near chokehold.

"charlie!" lia choked out, trying to push her sister away. "that's my name." charlie replied cheekily. it turned into a full on grappling play fight between the two on the bed. "okay! okay! you win!" lia was the first to surrender. "you bet i do." charlie grinned, letting go of the gasping girl.

"you're such a lazy ass." she commented, lying back on the bed. "proudly." lia replied breathily with a smile. neither of them said any more, simply staring at the ceiling and enjoying each other's company.

lia turned her head to look at charlie. "hey, you were putting on makeup earlier. aren't you going somewhere?" she asked. she watched her sister's eyes go wide before she leaped off the bed.

"oh shit! i'm late! this is all your fault! toni's gonna kill me!" she yelled, grabbing her things and tossing them into her purse haphazardly. lia laughed after her as she hopped out of the room, trying to put her right shoe on.

she waved after charlie who was too focused on multitasking to chase her sister out of her bedroom. "have fun!"

☀️☀️☀️

first of all, sibling goals. secondly, what school do you think she's going for?
okay so i was wondering what you guys thought about me doing a character interview much like the one i did in cheap tequila. it would be a fun and interesting extra at the end of this story where you get to ask the characters any questions you've always wanted to. if you'd like that, just leave an inline comment here with a thumbs up. you can ask any question you like to as many characters you like.