16~ That Song

Where was it?! Where the hell did I put my mascara?!

"Shyler, hurry up! We have to go!" Liam shouted at me from the bottom of the stairs.

I fumbled around the bathroom until I finally found the tiny little cylinder. I unscrewed the lid as quickly as I could, rushing to apply it to my eyelashes. I then smoothed out my hair, hoping it wouldn't look too terrible.

"SHYLER!!!" Liam shrieked at me, pretty pissed off by now.

"I'm coming, geez!" I huffed, looking over myself once more in the mirror to make sure I didn't forget anything. As soon as I deemed myself acceptable, I ran downstairs, then headed over to Liam by the front door. When I got there, however, I only noticed three of the five boys there.

"Where's Zayn and Niall?" I asked Liam as I went to put on my favorite pair of sandals.

"Ugh, I don't know!" he growled, obviously frustrated. He turned to Harry, his eyes pleading. "Please, go get Zayn, will you?"

Harry nodded and headed back upstairs in search of Zayn. Liam closed his eyes and took a deep breath, holding the sides of his head in his hands. Suddenly, there was a loud chomping noise coming from the kitchen, and his head snapped up. He walked over, looking through the door of kitchen, and his face suddenly wore an expression of annoyance and anger.

"NIALL JAMES HORAN, PUT DOWN THE LUCKY CHARMS RIGHT NOW! WE NEED TO GO! NOW!" Liam screamed, storming into the kitchen and out of my sight. A minute later he came back out, dragging Niall by his ear. Niall was complaining through a mouth full of cereal, but I couldn't understand anything that he was saying. "HARRY, HAVE YOU FOUND ZAYN YET?!" Liam screeched.

"No, but I think he might be in the basement," Harry replied, bolting down the two flights of stairs before Liam could find something else to yell at him about.

I finally decided to steal a glance at Louis. He was leaning against the front door, looking stunning without even trying. Surely that wasn't fair. I mean, god, I sure as hell couldn't do that. I saw his dazling blue eyes roll at Liam behind his back. He laughed silently to himself, but put on his poker face when Liam turned back around to look at him.

"You," Liam grunted, pointing at Lou, "go get the car started. I'll be out with the boys in a minute, and then we have to go. Immediately."

"Wait, Paul isn't picking us up?" Louis seemed confused.

"No, apparently they were having some problems at the studio or something, so he wasn't able to come and get us. Now go!"

"But then what car are we going to take?" Louis wondered aloud.

"Shyler's mom's car. She told me it would be okay. NOW GO!" Liam screamed at him, tossing him the car keys. Louis didn't hesitate for another moment as he flew out the door. I decided it would be safer to follow him than stay and face the wrath of Liam, so I trotted after him.

As I stepped outside the front door, I was immediately met by the warm, humid air. I noticed that grey clouds hung low in the sky and the ground was still damp from last night's storm. Ugh, I hated this kind of weather. It made me feel sticky and gross. It would be a thousand times better if it wasn't so humid.

My sandals clicked on the front walk as I walked towards the driveway. Louis pulled the car out of the garage right as I approched it, and he left the car running as he steped out of it and walked over to me.

"Hey angel," he said, grinning at me.

"Hey," I smiled, my breath hitching when he said 'angel'. I still hadn't gotten used to that.