14~ The Stranger Returns

(A/N Okay, so after about a month of searching, I finally found the face of the Shyler Evans that I've always imagined! I decided on Alexis Bledel. I put a picture on the side if you don't already know what she looks like. Sorry I decided on this a little bit late, as you all probably have your own image of Shyler by now, but I'm just glad I could find someone at all!

Also, I would like to dedicate this chapter to Penelopeluvs1D because she always comments on my new chapters, sometimes even just minutes after I update, and they just brighten up my day :) You don't know how much that means to me to have such a fantastic reader :)

Anyways, hope you enjoy this new chapter, and don't forget to vote, comment, and fan! Love ya!                                            --SpoonsAndCarrots xx)

 After dinner, all of us were too tired and full to do much else besides lie down on the floor of the basement and watch a movie on the flat screen. Well, most of us. anyways. Niall still found enough energy to get up and make himself some popcorn. How he could eat anything after eating almost an entire pizza, I will never know.

I popped Toy Story 3, one of Liam's favorites, in the DVD player and then lied down on my stomach and grabbed a pillow, plopping it down under my head. Louis layed down next to me on my left side, Niall on my right. Zayn claimed the couch behind us, stretching his entire body over it so that no one else could sit there. Liam and Harry sat down on the ground with their backs against the couch to Niall's right.

I had actually never seen Toy Story 3 before, so when it got to the end, I noticed a tear roll down my cheek and splatter down on the pillow. I couldn't help the others that slowly followed. I sniffled, trying to hold them back. Who knew a children's movie could make me cry?

Louis glanced at me out of the corner of eye, and after a bit of thinking, he draped his arm over my shoulder. I scooted up against him and leaned my head against his shoulder. The second he had pulled my closer, I had instantly felt better, and my focus was no longer on the movie. It was now concentrated on making myself keep breathing and not screaming in his ear from happiness.

When I finally had enough self-control to look back at the screen, I noticed the credits scrolling across it. Had I really been focused on Lou that long?

Harry got up and turned the lights back on, causing all of us to wince from the sudden brightness. My cheeks had not fully dried, so I wiped any remaining tears off of my face with my sleeve. I glanced around at everyone else to see if I was the only one who had cried. As I looked around, I noticed that everyone's eyes were glassy with tears that looked as though they were about to spill over. Liam, however, was the only one of the boys who actually had them streaming down the sides of his face.

"It gets me every time," he said, rubbing his eyes. I smiled at the fact that he wasn't afraid to show his emotions like some boys. It was sweet, really.

Louis' quiet laughter filled my ears, causing the hairs on the back of my neck to rise at his closeness. I took a deep breath, hoping to calm myself down, but the plan backfired as I inhaled his intoxicating aroma.

Niall looked over at Lou at that moment and raised an eyebrow at him. "I see you've gotten friendly with Shyler over there," he chuckled, glancing at the arm that Lou still had draped over my shoulder.

I expected his arm to drop back to his side at the comment, but if anything, he just held me tighter. He flipped his hair ever so slightly to get the fringe out of his eyes, then just shrugged back at Niall.

"We should all probably get ready for bed now," Liam suggested, and I nodded in agreement.

"What?! But it's only 9:27!" Louis protested.