5~ Niall's A Lifesaver

"Ok, boys," I said, leading them into the house, “I’ll give you a quick tour of the house before we go get all the luggage."

"Louis, get over here! At least be polite and respectful for a couple of minutes, will you?" Liam called, rolling his eyes while looking over at Louis, who just happened to be running around the front yard of the house in excitement.

"Coming!" He shouted, and bolted back over to us.

I sighed. When Louis came back over, he was panting, and yet he still had a beautiful crooked smile plastered across his face. His bright blue eyes were lit up with exuberance, and I couldn't help staring at him for a second. His features were stunning. I could not understand how he didn't have a girlfriend right now. Well, I was kinda glad that he didn't, because that meant that he--

"Shyler?" Niall asked, waving a hand in front of my face to bring me back to reality. Or the reality that wasn't really reality because it was all a dream. I mean, this couldn't be reality, because reality isn't this amazing to people. But either way. "Earth to Shyler."

I jumped, and realizing that I had just been staring at Louis, blushed. "Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking about... dinner." I said, hoping I sounded convincing.

"Of course you were," Niall chucked, and I knew he could see right through my excuse.

"Well, back to the tour..." I said. After everyone got inside the house, I walked over to the left and entered the small, quaint kitchen. My mom was busy cooking a whole bunch of pasta for dinner, and when we entered, she looked up and smiled at us. "Well, as you can tell, this is the kitchen, and this is my mom. Mom, this is Zayn, Harry, Liam, Niall, and Louis." Pointing to each of the boys as I said their names.

"Hello boys! You must be the One Direction that Shyler has been obsessing about for, what, two years now?" she smiled warmly, and my face burned with embarrassment. "I've heard all about you, especially... Louis, I believe it was." God, was she trying to kill me?!

Liam, Zayn, and Niall were trying to hold in their laughter while Harry smirked at me. Louis just gave her a big, toothy grin. I was going to kill my mother later.

Trying to change the subject before my mom could start getting out the baby pictures, I asked, "So, what ever happened to Paul?"

"Oh, he decided to go back to his buddy's house. He knows well enough by now that he won't get a quiet evening around us. He said he'd be back to pick us up in a week to drive us to our next concert." Zayn answered. A week?! I thought it was just for the night! Well, I sure as hell didn't mind, but my mum on the other hand...

"Would one of you boys be a dear and stir the pasta for a minute while I talk to Shyler?" My mother asked in a kind voice, but I knew what was coming. She beckoned for me to follow her into the living room while Harry took the position of stirring the pasta. As soon as we were out of earshot, she started whispering furiously at me. "A week?! I thought they were just staying the night!"

"So did I! I got this information the same time as you did!" I defended.

"Well, you've got to tell them that they can only stay for a night. We don't have enough food to last a week with them!"

"Can't you buy some more? Please? I'll even pay for it myself! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, Mom! If I pass this up now... well, I just can't! Please?" I begged, and I felt the tears welling up in my eyes at thinking about their disappointed faces if I had to tell them they would have to leave tomorrow morning.

"No." she said firmly.

"Mom, I'll do anything! Please!" I pleaded.

"Honey, I said--"