12~ Football, Failure, & Food

"So, what do ya wanna do now?" I asked.

"Anyone up for some football?" Niall asked, and all the boys nodded.

"I didn't know you guys liked football..." I said, confused.

"And you call yourself a fan!" Harry exclaimed jokingly, rolling his eyes.

"Well, I dunno... I mean, I've never heard any of you talk about it before..." I trailed off.

"Whatever," he sighed dramatically and headed off towards the door. "Let's go!"

"But, see, um... I kinda don't have a football. I was never really a football player," I said awkwardly.

"That's okay, I have one," Niall said, running off to go get it, I assumed.

"Meet us outside, 'kay Niall?" Liam called, and we all went down the stairs and into the backyard.

It was a relatively cool day, but the sun was still shining brightly in the sky. I looked down at my watch to find that it was just a little after three. Niall soon trotted out into the yard as well, but... that wasn't a football he was holding! He came to a stop next to all of us and I looked up at him, my brow furrowed.

"What?" he asked when he noticed my confusion.

"That," I pointed to the ball in his hand, "is not a football."

"Yeah it is..." Niall trailed off, looking at me like I was crazy.

"No it's not, it's a socc-" I began, but stopped myself when I realized how stupid I was. "Nevermind," I grumbled, my face blushing. "I guess those eleven years in America really rubbed off on me. You know, that makes a whole lot more sense now..."

They all laughed, and my face just burned a brighter shade of red. God, I needed to stop embarrassing myself in front of them! It's happened all too much in the past twenty-four hours.

"Okay, so how do we want to split up into teams?" Liam asked.

"What about Shyler, Louis, and I against you, Harry, and Zayn?" Niall suggested.

"Sounds good to me." Liam confirmed.

I turned to Lou and Niall. "I'm just going to warn you right now, I'm not very good at this football either." I admitted.

"No worries, love," Louis said, shooting me an unintentionally sexy smile that caused me to stare at him like an idiot. Yet, somehow, he didn't seem to notice that part. However, I could tell that Niall had, and he just looked at me and laughed. Lou looked up at this and his expression became puzzled, but after a second he just shrugged and began to listen to Liam once again.

"...and so we need to find a good spot for the goals," Liam continued, though I hadn't heard the first part of what he'd said.

"What about between those two trees on that side and those two trees on the other side?" Zayn asked, pointing to two pairs of trees that were on opposite sides of the backyard.

"Yeah, that seems like that should be good." Liam nodded. "Are we all ready?"

"Yeah!" we shouted in unison. Suddenly a hand grabbed my own, and I was violently yanked to the left side of the field. I glanced behind me to see that the source of this was none other than Louis. I also saw Niall sprinting towards the goal; I guess he was going to be the goalie, then. Which then meant that I was going to have to actually had to attempt to kick the ball and score. Notice the 'attempt'.

For the other team, I saw Zayn run towards their goal, leaving Harry and Liam to try and score against us. I gulped. I already knew that I was going to make a complete fool out of myself, and yet I had still gotten myself into this. God, save me now...