6~ What...What Happened?

"Okay, so this is the room where you'll be sleeping, and there's the bathroom, and then all that's left are those two rooms over there, but don't go in them unless I tell you it's okay." I said, finally finishing the tour of the house.

"Why can't we go in those rooms?" Harry asked, a grin slowly spreading across his face. I looked up at him to find a mischievous glint shinning in his green eyes. Oh no. I had to stop this before it got too far...

"No. You can't go in them." I growled, but if anything that just made him more curious.

"What are those rooms, anyway?" Zayn asked.

"Well, that one right there is my mom's room, and then that one is my ro--"

"SHYLER'S ROOM!" exclaimed Harry, and he charged into the room, Louis not far behind. I might as well follow them in there before they started breaking something. Those boys were not to be trusted.

When I walked in, I took in the lilac colored walls and the cream colored carpet. Everything looked just the same as I had left it nine years ago. My purple and white bed was still in the corner, the delicate canopy hanging down over it. I peered out of the large window that looked over the pond in the backyard, and it was still as beautiful as ever. I remembered when I was little I would always sit down in the middle of the floor and stare out the window when I was upset. It always seemed to calm me down. I especially loved watching the thunderstorms. Most little kids would have been scared by the thunderstorms, but for me, it was the most soothing thing ever.

I was shook back to reality from my flashbacks when Louis muttered "whoa". I looked over at him, only to see him looking in wonder out of the window, just as I always did. It was so weird to think that I had always been just as mesmerized by the scene outside. "Okay, we have to go swimming," Louis said, and all of the boys nodded in agreement. It was already seven and the sun was starting to set. I wasn't quite sure we would be able to go tonight.

"You know, it's going to get dark soon, so we might have to wait until--"

"Until it gets dark! You're a genius!" said Louis, and I didn't have the heart to tell him that we wouldn't be able to go. After all, it would get kinda chilly later. It was mid-August, and the nights were starting to get cold again.

"Well, until then, what do you guys want to do?" I asked, not quite sure what we were all going to do for a week here.

"Well, we still don't know all that much about you. Should we continue our game of Random Questions?" asked Liam, now standing at the entrance to my room with Niall and Zayn. "I see you didn't lie about your bed color," he said, and I giggled.

"Well, I'm not much of a liar. And even when I do lie, I'm not very good at it, so most people can see right through me," I said, and Niall laughed, obviously remembering our earlier conversation. All of the other boys looked over at him with confused looks on their faces, and Niall just shrugged, acting like it was nothing out of the ordinary. Well, he did laugh a lot more than any of the other boys did.

We all sat down in a circle in the middle of my floor, Louis on my left and Liam on my right. The other boys made up the rest of the circle, and the questioning began.

"So, first question," said Liam. "What is your favorite color?"

"Purple, although you've probably already figured that out," I said, gesturing to basically everything in my room.

"What is something you do alone that you never do in front of anyone else?" Harry asked suggestively. Not wanting to really think about what he was talking about, I ignored his tone.

"Um... I would have to say singing." Of course, all of the boys laughed at that one, as they sang in front of thousands of people with no problem whatsoever. I sighed.