Chapter 25: Oh No!

~Dani~

They were all knocked out.

Like sleeping.

I sigh as I look at them from my rear view mirror, Demi, Dylan and Bai were all practically laying on each other, sleeping.

I shook my head, smiling to myself when I remember Dylan crossing out those two things we did for her today, she was pretty damn happy but her eyes showed something else.

Something else that crushed her.

And I wanna know what is was.

I grip the steering wheel as I drove into the high way, my teeth gritting together when I got another message.

I glance at it and moan in frustration.

Fuck Rey, I don't need him. I don't need his fucking help, he could leave us all alone and fuck himself for all I care.

He's been texting me none stop, telling me that he wants to meet up and meet his daughter.

Yeah right, I snort to myself, he's not getting anywhere near Bai, me or my family.

He raped me. He almost made me miscarriage. He beat me up. He didn't want to help out on raising our child.

So I don't need him, I've been a single mother for five years now, six almost, and I say I'm doing pretty damn good at being a mom.

Except I think Bai will have the mouth of a sailor when she's older if she'll be around us more often, we swear way too much but we don't give a fuck.

I'm just glad he hasn't found us yet, otherwise I'm gonna beat the crap out of him.

I got another text message.

I bit down on my lip, I didn't really wanted to read Rey's messages now.

But I glance at it.

And gasp in shock.

I took my phone in my hand and look at it with wide eyes, instead of texting back, I call the number.

I balance the phone between my neck and shoulder as I drove, glancing at my girls in the back. They were still sleeping so I had to be quiet.

"Eva?" I shriek into the phone once she picked up.

"Dani?!" She squeals out and I grin widely.

"Oh my god! Girl how did you get my number?! I haven't heard of you in years! How are you?" I ask her, smiling widely as I talk to her again. Eva, oh god, she was my right hand, always there for me in the good and bad. She was my partner in crime, literally. We would always do crazy schemes in Seattle, but never got caught. That was a good thing for us, but not so lucky for others. Me and her, we created a gang together when we were at high school. I became the leader while she in second command. Our crew join and we became the most feared on the streets, street racing, street fighting, street wars, all that shit. We were the best until I left, not even telling them what happen.

Me and her, were really bad ass chicks. Doing everything we could think of, street racing, street fighting, stealing, beating up people, destroying places and bullying.

I regret the bullying but the others, not so much. That was all fun and we were kids, it seem the shit for us.

"Carajo chica! Where the fuck have you been these past five years?! We've been looking for you everywhere but we can't find you! Rey has been too, but he's still the same old. But hey! Guess what?!" She says into the phone and I smile as I drove into our driveway, parking the car I sat in the driver seat for a bit.

"What?" I say, smiling a bit.

"Remember that bitch Melody? She's dead! She committed suicide the day you disappear! No one really cared, not even me." She laughs and my face falls, I grip onto the phone tightly.

"I cared, I fucking cared, that was a fucking mistake Eva. Bullying her! Bullying her and everyone else! That was a mistake! A huge mistake that I regret and will always regret for the rest of my damn life! She committed suicide because of me! Me! Because all the bullying pushed her to do that, the words, the fists, everything! Every fucking thing! So if you wanna know why I disappear that day then come to Los Angeles and fucking find me." I growl into the phone and hung up, shoving my phone in my pocket.

I pound my fist on the steering wheel in anger, breathing heavily through my nose.

"Mommy?" I heard Bai says from behind me and I turn toward her, seeing that Dylan and Demi were waking up too.

"Yeah honey?" I say and she looks over at me, concern.

"Can we watch a movie? I wanna see Frozen! Auntie Domo says that her song is in it!" And she bounces excitedly in her seat.

"Who's Domo?" I ask with confusion lacing in my voice, I look over at Demi and Dylan who got out of the car.

"Demi!" She screams and bounces out of the car, running inside. I sigh before getting out too, I lock the door behind me and walk over to Demi and Dylan who were waiting for me.

"What's up babes?" I say and threw my arms around them, smiling. Demi just grins at me while Dylan looks like she's lost in her own world, eyes glassy.

We walk back in and each change out of their clothes before heading back to the living room. Dylan excuses herself during half the movie with Bai trailing behind her.

I swear I'm going to break my phone sometime soon.

I sat up quickly when I heard Bai screaming. With wide eyes, I watch as she runs into the room with tears streaming down her face, she trembles with fear and continues to scream in terror.

"Bai?! What is it?! What happen?!" I say and kneel down in front of her as she stops in front of me, worried and concern written across my face.

"Dy-Dylan!" She screams and points into the hallway, I immediately run to her room with the rest of the family behind me.

I slam open the door and froze at the sight before me.

My phone drops.

Demi freezes.

Maddie screams.

Dallas faints.

Dianna breaks down.

Eddie turns white.

Bai cries.

Oh no...