Chapter 27: Rey

~Demi~

"Nick, come here. We need to talk."

I motion for him to follow me out to the hallway. He nods and stands up from his seat.

Dani already had Bai sleeping in her lap and she was sleeping too, almost everyone was.

The only ones who were up were me, Nick and mom. She was getting some coffee.

I close the door behind us and started to walk down the hall with him by my side.

"How long did you knew Dylan?" I ask him and stop walking, turning to face him. He clears his throat and scratches his neck.

"Five years." He mumbles and my eyes widened in surprise.

"And you never told me?!" I say and flare my nostrails in anger.

He winces and says, "I couldn't, it was too risky." I raise a brow and tap my expectedly.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair before explaining me everything.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding and ran a hand through my hair, I look up at his apologic face. "Well, you had a reason but thank you for telling me everything, I never liked him." I say and he nods, giving me a smile.

"So, your N?" I say and beamed at him as a tinted blush went across his cheeks and neck.

He nods sheepishly. "Yeah, I am N." He says and I smirk. I walk up close to him and his back hits the wall, my face inches away from his.

"If you hurt her in anyway, I will personally come to your house and beat the crap out of you. You will not see the last of me and our friendship will be over." I say seriously and he nods quickly. I smile and took a step back, punching him playfully in the shoulder.

"Go get her babe," I say and turn around, starting to walk to the lunch room.

"That, I will!" He says and I grin widely and disappear into the room.

I payed for my coffee and was busy putting some suger in my coffe that I didn't notice a man walk in the room, looking widely for a certain person.

The man walks up behind me, tripping a little over his feet and his hand shots out, accidently spilling my coffee on my shirt.

"What the hell?!" I yell and look over at the man. His eyes were bloodshot and look lost. His face was unshaved and had messy hair, he was wearing a navy shirt, showing off his many tattos and ripped jeans.

"Dani?" He says and I took a step away from him, his breath was stench with alocohal. I furrow my eyebrows at him, confused.

"Dani? I'm not-" He cuts me off by roughly grabbing me by the arms and pressed his lips against mine. I gasp in shock as his tongue slips into my mouth, and tried to push him away.

"Hey! Get the hell away from my friend!" I heard Nick shouting before taking the guy by the neck and pushing him to the counter, Nick fist already punching the guy's face.

"Nick!" I squeal and grab is arm, I pulled him next to me.

"He-" I cut Nick off by shushing him, looking at the guy as he grabs his face in pain.

"Dani? Which Dani are you looking for?" I ask him, looking around the place if anyone saw this but not many people notice.

"Dani Lovato, my ex girlfriend and the mother of my child." He says and my jaw drops.

"Nick grab him." I say and he does, he pulls the guy along with him as we ran back to Dylan's room. I slam open the door and everyone jumps up in surprise.

"God, what's-" Dani says as she sits up, Bai sitting up on her lap.

"Do you know him?" I say and Nick pushes the guy to the floor. Dani eyes widened in shock and she shifts Bai behind her, hiding her.

"Rey?" She whispers in shock and the guy, Rey, looks up at the sound of his name.

"Dani?" He says and stands up, walking over to Dani as she really tries to hide Bai behind her.

"What are yo-" She was cut off by Rey slapping her, hard across the cheek.

Bai screams behind her mom and looks up at Rey in fear, she hides behind her mother.

"This is our child?" He says and roughly grabs Bai by the hair and pulls her up by the hair.

"Rey, don't-" Dani starts to say but she stops when she sees Rey also slapping Bai across the face.

"She's not eve-" He starts to say but Dani stands up, she rips Bai away from him as Bai cries and gives Dylan Bai.

"Hurt my daughter one more time and I'll kill you. You can hit me but not her or anyone in here." She says and punches Rey.

"You raped me you ! You almost made me misscarrge! You didn't want to be a father! I hide Bai as hard as I could from you, but now you figure out where I live. I don't want to see your face again!" She screams and slams Rey into the wall, kneeling him in the crotch.

I didn't interfer because Dani was raging.

"Dani!" Eddie yells and grabs Dani and pulls her away from him. Nick grabs Rey and punches him in the stomach, he wraps his arm around Rey's neck.

"Take him out of here Nick, I don't ever want to see his face again. Bai, that man right there, he is not your father. A father wouldn't hit his family." Dani spats out and glares at Rey, Nick pulls him out of the room.

I ran over to Dani and Bai as they sat next to Dylan, Dani grabs Bai's face softly to look at the mark Rey left on her.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry you had to see that. I'm sorry he hit you, I won't let anyone else hit you. I promise." Dani says and softly caress Bai's cheek. I haul the chair next to them and grab a cloth, wetting it before going back to them.

"Who was he mommy?" Bai ask, her lip trembles and shakes in fear. I softly touch Dani's red cheek and she winces.

"No one baby, he's no one." Dani says, clenching her jaw. Bai nods and curls in Dylan's arms, falling asleep quickly.

Dad, mom and Dallas went out to the hall to go see what Nick was doing to the guy. Maddie comes over to us and sits next to Dani on the bed.

"Did he always hit you?" We ask her in unison, concern lacing in our voices.

She sighs and nods, burying her face in her hands she mumbles. "I was in a abusive relationship with him."

I frown and softly put the cloth over Bai's cheek.

"Fuck him, you don't need him." I say and she looks up from her hands.

"But Bai needs a father." She whispers and I look at Dylan, a frown was on her lips.

"But she'll need her mother most." Dylan says and I nod, agreeing with her.

"Yeah, I guess so." Dani whispers and the conversation comes to a end at that. Silence comes over us as we watch Bai sleep.

"I can't believe he found us." Dani says and slams her hand down the nightstand.

"You didn't tell him where you went right?" Maddie asks her and Dani shakes her head.

"No, I wasn't going to let him near me or my child. I don't want to forgive him." She says and takes in a deep breath.

"But at some point your gonna fogive him."

"But I'm not ready."

It went silent and then I thought of an idea that could let us relax and have fun, I grin widely.

"Do you guys want to get away from here and have some fun?" I ask Dani and Dylan while Maddie cradles Bai on her lap.

"Sure." Dani says, shrugging.

"I could use it, why?" Dylan asks, her eyes show suspicious.

"How about we go on a trip?"

"Where?"

"Italy."