Chapter 11: Getting To Know Each Other

~Demi~

After Dylan and Dani left, I turn back to my mom and crawl into her bed and sat down next to her, cuddling up to her side.

"Mom, why did you never told me?" I ask her as she moves some hair from my face, then kiss me lovingly on the forehead; her face full of love and happiness.

"Because I thought they were dead, I didn't want you all to know. It was all a surprise when you girls were born, they never told me I was having triplets after all of you came out. Dylan and Dani were both stolen just a few hours after I gave birth to all of you, the police looked for them for months but couldn't find them, in the end they just came up and said that they could be dead for all we know, they stop looking but I never did. I wanted all three of you back in my arms, never leaving me. Not a day goes by that I think of them, wishing them to come home, praying that they are safe and sound, hoping they are alive and well. And now they have return, I can't believe I miss out in so much of their lives, I'm not missing out anymore. I want to get to know them, know their dislikes and likes, what they love to do, where they have lived and what they have done in their lives. I want to thank the people who took care of them and to tell them they've done a good job on raising them. They're home baby, they're home." She says, taking a deep breath after what she said.

I look up at her with glassy eyes, already could see the pain she went through all those years of not knowing where they could be or if they were even alive. I remember seeing the relief when she first saw them walk into the room, she was so happy.

"And I'm not missing out either, I want to get to know them also. Did you call them?" I said, referring to Eddie, Dallas and Maddie.

"Yes, they're on the next flight out. So we are going to be staying at your house for the time being. When they are ready, they will meet them so your going to have to stick close to them and get to know them. When they are ready, bring them home." She says and kiss my temple.

"Okay, I love you mom." I say and kiss her cheek, snuggling up to her side as she wraps us in some blankets.

"And I love you more, baby girl."

And with that, we fell asleep on the hospital bed.

The next morning, mom was discarged and I brought her home. She stays home as I got ready to meet them at a local cafe. Eddie, Dallas and Maddie were going to be here soon, mom will pick them up as I meet up with Dani and Dylan.

Once ready, I kiss mom goodbye and left the house in my car.

At the cafe, I order a coffee and sat near the back, next to a window that looks out to the street.

I waited for about a half and hour, wondering if they were going to show up or not as I busy myself playing Candy Crush and sipping on my coffee.

Next thing I knew, two bodies plop themselves across from me as I reach the next level.

I look up and saw it was them, I grin widely at them and put my phone away.

"Hey! I didn't think you guys would come." I said, Dani giving me a glare while Dylan just smiled awkwardly.

"Yeah, well we did. Liking that coffee?" Dani snaps at me and I arch an eyebrow at her.

Okay?

I was gonna make a sarcastic remark but Dylan decides to jump in. "Uh, how about we walk around? Come on let's go." She says, slides across the seat, stands up; grabs our arms and pulled us outside.

She walks in between us as Dani just cross her arms and looks coldly at us. I grunt at her cold attitude and decide to talk with Dylan as we walk.

"So, why do you have that video camera and laptop around you all the time?" I ask, gesturing to the video camera hanging off her neck and her laptop in a bag that she's gripping onto.