Chapter 2: Dylan Lovato

~Dylan~

Blood.

Is all I see in the toilet.

My blood.

I vomit some more blood, feeling my stomach emptying because of my vomiting.

I hate being sick.

I sigh as I stood up from the floor, washing my pale looking face.

I sigh again as I look at myself in the mirror. I look pale-ish then normal but it's okay.

What doesn't look normal is my head.

It's bald.

But I have a wig to cover my bald head.

Nobody knows except my doctor and me.

I have cancer.

And I'm slowly dying, the only thing that can save me is a miracle which will never happen.

I may be the daughter of very rich people, who have big companys across the country but I'm just a regular girl who have cancer.

If that can ever be regular.

I was the socially outcast in high school and in college, nobody seems to notice me. It was like I'm invisible, like I was never there. They never talk to me, somehow always go the other way if I'm walking down the halls.

It wasn't fun.

But I rather be this socially awkward, nerdy girl with cancer then a popular bitch with fake friends surrounding her.

I pull back the wig on my head, running my fingers through it's black locks and put my glasses on.

I grab my bag that's full of papers and my lovely laptop, Harold, and stuff.

Don't judge me, I can name my laptop whenever I feel like it.

I wish to marry my laptop someday.

I may be very smart, graduating with honors in Harvard with teaching, but since my time is running out, I'm seeing what's life really about.

I was going to be a English teacher, but why try to find a job when your slowly dying?

I want to see what I can do with my life before my time runs out.

Maybe I'll find something unique or something like that, I just want to find the thing or person. You know what I mean?

I hope I will find it before I leave this place.

What is life really about?

I want to figure that out.

I got dress, got my hotel room keys, my bag and my video camera; I was out the door.

Hmm, where should I go in LA?

Lets start with the beach.

Walking down the streets, I started to record around. Everything was beautiful. I turn the camera at me and wave at it.

"This is Dylan Lovato, roaming the streets of LA to the beach. Another day of walking around with a fake wig. I hate cancer," I say and turn the camera around.

This is my video diary.

I record everything, instead of writing everything down in a journal or diary, I record it in my video camera. It's really precious to me just like my laptop, I record anything I want to say, special events or maybe just stuff around me.

I love talking to it, call me crazy but I don't care.

I got a life to live.

I stop recording when I notice a couple of girls younger then me, walk up to me. Confused, I smile awkwardly at them.

Socially awkward remember?

"You look familiar," The tallest one says and I gave her a more confused look.

"What do you mean?" I ask her, wondering what they are meaning.

"Ever heard of Demi Lovato?" One of them say and I look at her and shook my head.

"Sorry, never heard of her." I say and grip onto my bag strap.

"Well, you should look her up. I bet you'll be surprise." They say and walk away. I watch their retreating backs as I thought over what they said.

Why should I be surprise?

And most importantly, who is Demi Lovato?

Well, at least I know she has my last name.

Huh, cool right?

I continue to walk around, getting lost already but not bothering to get a map or something when I notice a woman crossing the street and a car advancing at her. My eyes widened when I notice she isn't even looking at the car. I ran to her and tackle her out of the way, causing us to fall on the ground.

We groan in pain and I saw that we didn't got kill, but instead the car stop right on time and didn't hit us. I drop my glasses, I pick them up and put them on.

I took the girl's arm and help her up while the women who was driving the car was talking.

"What the fuck?!" While they talk, another thing I notice was that my wig was falling off to I quickly arrange it and some hair was on my face. I then notice something before that we look oddly familiar.

"Holy shit," I said and the woman with the car glance at me but then help up the one I tackle. I grab her arm and we steady ourselves. I brush myself off and push away the hair on my face as we all look at each other.

We scream.