1. Always and forever

Elijah and I walked inside a bar called '' Rousseau's''. I looked around and then back to Elijah. Being back here feels wierd. We walked closer to the stool and sat down. The bar girl, Camile, came to us.

''So what brings you to the Big Easy?'' she asked looking at me and Elijah.

''We used to live here.'' Elijah answered.

''Really? When?'' Camile asked again.

''Oh, it feels like a hundred years ago. Right Amy?'' Elijah said and turned to me. I smirked at the inside joke he did and I nodded. ''Definitely. I would say more.'' I said and he closed his eyes before smirking.

''I just moved here myself. What brings you back?'' Camile asked again as I crossed my legs under the stool.

'' Well, my brother's here somewhere. I'm afraid he might have got himself into a bit of a bind.'' Elijah said and Camile nodded in understanding.

'' You say that like it's a common occurrence.'' she said and a smile came up to my face. If only she knew.

'' Well ... he's complicated. Defiant, ill-mannered, and a little temperamental. See, we don't share the same father. Of course that never bothered me, but my brother resents it deeply. Never felt like he belongs. All told, he has a long history of getting himself into trouble.'' Elijah confirmed Camile's suspicion.

''Yeah and I was adopted. I feel fine though.'' I said and Elijah smiled at my attend to cool things down. He always talk so seriously, old-fashioned.

''Your family seems to be a wierd one.'' Camile said chuckling. ''So I'm guessing you have a long history of getting him out of it.'' she continued. Elijah and I nodded smiling.

'' What kind of bind is your brother in?'' Camile asked again.

'' Well, he believes there are people in this town that are conspiring against him.'' I said and her eyes widened in interest.

'' Wow. Narcissistic and paranoid.'' she said and I looked at her confused. '' Sorry. Bartender with a grad degree in psychology. Total cliché.'' Camile said again and chuckled. I smiled too and then I noticed Elijah looking at her nameplate. Oops his late. I noticed that by the time we walked in here.

'' Listen, Camille, I'm looking for someone who might shed some light on his current predicament. She works here, Jane-Anne Deveraux. Any idea where I might find her?'' Elijah said back in his serious face and voice.

''No. But I know someone who might.'' Camile said and I smiled.

''Excellent.'' I said and smiled.

After Camile told us where to find that someone, Elijah and I exited the bar and started walking down the busy street. ''You know she would have given us a name without telling her our family problems.'' I said to Elijah who smiled.

''Yes she would, but telling her those things, she felt safer around us.'' Elijah said and I nodded.

''Sure. So next time I need information from someone I'll open up my heart to him.'' I joked and he chuckled.

''There is our witch.'' he said and I followed his eyes to the witch. The tourists she was guiding walked inside the store as me and Elijah walked behind her. After a few seconds she turned and faced us with a smirk.

'' Are you going to continue following me, Elijah and Amelia, or do you wanna talk?'' she asked and Elijah and I shared a confused look.

''You know who we are?'' he asked and the witch nodded smirking.

''Original vampire, always wears a suit.'' she paused and Elijah smiled. ''You two never really go far without each other. You're not a Mikaelson but also an original vampire.'' the witch continued looking at me. Then she turned back to Elijah. '' You and your family are famous amongst the witches, especially with your... brother back in town.'' she finished.