15. Le grand guignol

Klaus' pov

I yelled in pain as Elijah pulled the blade out of my chest. My wound started slowly to heal as I calmed down.

''Elijah, you'll pay for this.'' I whispered to him. Elijah left the room leaving me with Cami. I turned my head to the left side of the bed only to Amy's rotten body. She had one of the silver knifes on her heart. I closed my eyes and groaned.

''Get it out of her.'' I said weakly. Cami looked at me and then Amy.

''The dagger? What if Elijah doesn't want to?'' she asked afraid.

''I do not care what my stupid brother wants. Get. It. Out. Of her.'' I said and closed my eyes. I felt pain in all my body. Cami slowly walked to Amy's side. She placed her hand on the dagger and pulled out.

''Now what?'' she asked.

''Leave the dagger inside the draw. She'll be okay.'' I said and she did what I said. Then she came to my side and offered me her wrist. I looked at it and then immediately started drinking.

'' Wow, things I never thought I'd be doing...Feeding a vampire. My 16-year-old self would think I'm really cool right now.'' Cami said.

'' Ah! Slow down.'' she said and I stopped.

''Okay, sorry.'' I said and placed my head back on the pillow.

''Doesn't the vervain burn?'' she asked.

'' As you may have yet to realize, Cami, the line between what brings us pain and what sustains us is far thinner than one imagines.'' I said and she nodded. Then looked at Amy. The veins on her body had started to fade.

''It took my some time to realise but I do now.'' Cami said. I turned my eyes back to her and looked at her confused.

''What?'' I asked.

''You love her.'' she said and I looked back at Amy.

''I do.'' I said and she smiled sadly at me.

''You care about people. You're not as cruel as you think you are. Why are you hunting down the people you love?'' she asked.

''I'm too weak for one of your talks right now.'' I said.

'' She's your sister. How can you hate her?'' she asked.

'' Because she has done what no one else has managed to do to me for 1,000 years...Rip my heart out.'' I replied. I then sat up and put a shirt on.

''Bring one of those blood bags. She will be quite hungry.'' I said and Cami left the room. Suddenly I heard Amy taking a big breath. I turned my head and saw her breathing heavily.

''Amy it's okay.'' I said and went closer to her and caressed her forehead.

''Nik, where am I? Have I been out a long time? What's the year?'' she asked quickly taking short breaths.

''Shh... everything is okay. You've been stabbed yesterday. Do you remember anything?'' I asked her as her eyes were looking around the room. I hated seeing her in this shock.

''Yes, yes I remember. Elijah stabbed me...'' she said and started to calm down. Then Cami came with the blood bag. Amy's eyes immediately sifted to the blood bag as Cami gave it to her. She grabbed it and drunk all the blood. After she finished she relaxed back on the bed.

Amy's pov

'' Turns out, they'd already betrayed me, and brought to town the one thing I'd been running from for centuries...My father.'' Klaus said to Cami.

''Oh.'' she said.

''Yes, oh.'' Klaus said.

'' So, you're consumed by revenge you'll never achieve. Elijah implied Rebekah and Marcel could be anywhere in the world by now.'' Cami said.