19. An unblinking death

I looked at the clock on my wall. It was only ten. I couldn't sleep, inside my mind was that stupid note I found last night. I made my idea though. I can't solve this alone. I walked outside of my room and headed to Klaus' office. Before I opened the door I heard Elijah's voice.

'' How splendidly noble of you.'' Elijah said from inside the room. I stood there and listen to them.

'' Have you ever considered that, like you, I am trying to keep Hayley safe? Using our mother's magic to empower her people so they are capable of protecting her?'' Klaus asked him. That's why he made a deal with the wolves?

'' Yes, unless, of course, they decide to seek retribution for decades held in exile, and Hayley will find herself in the middle of an uprising. One that will only provoke further violence. You see, you risk turning New Orleans into a war zone, brother. I won't let that happen.'' Elijah told him. I really have started to believe that Elijah truly cares about Hayley, even if he refuses it.

'' The drums of war were beating long before we returned. I suggest you use a little less of this and a little more of these.'' Klaus said and I could imagine him gesturing his eyes and hears. I then opened the door and walked inside. Both of them looked at me.

''I have a problem.'' I said.

''What happend?'' Elijah asked.

''I think my father is alive.'' I said and there was a long pause.

''What? How?'' Klaus said standing up and walking to me. I offered him the note. He read it out loud.

''Amy, I know that I have no right to tell you this but please you have to keep away from the Mikaelsons. It was a mistake I left you to them in the first place. I never wanted you to have this life. Eve will explain everything. Don't forget, you're an Anderkid not a Mikaelson.'' he read as Elijah walked next to him to take a look at the note.

''How did you find it?'' Elijah asked. ''Why does it say Anderkid?'' he asked again.

''Last night the window opened from the wind and I went to close it. When I walked back to my bed I found this on my pillow.'' I explained. ''I remember Eve calling me Anderkid once, but I've never heard that last name before.'' I said again. I could see that Klaus was getting rather mad.

''Stupid witches. That's on of their tricks. They must be fooling with you.'' Klaus said.

''Wait.'' I said and paused. ''Eve once mentioned that my father was a warlock.'' I said.

''You went to see Eve?'' Klaus asked angry.

''I needed answers.'' I said.

''Your father can't be alive. Even warlocks die.'' Elijah said.

''The note says that Eve knows. I must go to her.'' I said.

''No.'' Klaus said.

''What? Why?'' I asked.

''Your father isn't alive Amy. It's impossible. Don't you see? They want to distract us by telling us those stupid fairytales. You think Eve will tell you the truth?'' Klaus said angrily. I took a step back.

''I need to know Nik.'' I protested.

''You're not going anywhere.'' he said harshly. ''The conversation is over.'' he said and sat back on the couch throwing the note inside the fireplace. I felt my eyes watering.

''You know what? You don't have the right to tell me what to do. Just leave me alone to deal with it. It was stupid I trusted you with this.'' I yelled at him and walked outside ignoring the call from them. That was it.