11. Apres Moi, Le Deluge

'' The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them hexa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina.'' Elijah said at me and Klaus. We were in a room at the Abattoir courtyard. I was sitting on a couch next to Elijah while Klaus was pacing around the room.

'' Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection. Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence.'' Klaus said.

'' Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over 200 years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?'' Elijah asked confused. Why would Davina draw Celeste?

'' Why does any witch do anything?'' Klaus said.

''Guys Davina may be a child but she is wise. Not one of those stupid witches. There must be a reason.'' I said.

'' Well, that's going well. Davina is full mad at Marcel and I. She won't be any help.'' Klaus said.

'' If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea.'' Elijah said.

'' Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?'' Klaus said to Elijah with a death glare.

'' Give me a month. I'll get you list.'' Elijah said with the same look as he stood up.

''Hey guys! Stop it!'' I shouted as I stood up too. They both looked at me. Elijah sat back on the couch while Klaus looked at me.

'' Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass.'' Klaus said. Suddenly the ground started shaking. Like an earthquake. I big one.

''I'll go check on that witch.'' Klaus said annoyed and left the room leaving me with Elijah. The earthquake shook harder.

''I don't think that's a natural earthquake.'' I stated.

''I think you're right. Davina must be quite mad.'' Elijah said.

''Elijah? Amy! There's something you need to know.'' Hayley said entering the room. I stronger earthquake shook again. We all looked at each other as we went to the balcony and saw Rebekah and Klaus at the room downstairs.

''What the hell is going on?'' Rebekah asked looking around.

''Davina.'' Klaus said as Elijah, Hayley and I ran downstairs to Rebekah and Klaus.

''I'll go ask what's her play.'' Rebekah said angrily and left. Marcel came to us after.

'' This is madness. How can a 16-year-old girl shake the entire French quarter?'' Klaus said as Marcel joined us.

'' I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this.'' Marcel said.

'' How did you control her when she was in the attic?'' Klaus asked him.

'' I didn't have to, but then I never killed her boyfriend.'' Marcel said.

'' Yes, yes. We've been over this part already. The point is in her present state she's useless as a tool against the witches.'' Klaus said.

'' She's not a tool.'' Marcel said getting more angry.

''Something is wrong with her.'' Klaus said.