7. Bloodletting

I walk up by someone calling my name. I slowly opened my eyes and saw that beautiful face I already missed. Elijah smiled at me.

''Good morning.'' he said and I closed my eyes again.

''What time is it? Everything okay?'' I asked.

''It's nine o'clock. Hayley is missing.'' Elijah said calmly. My eyes shut open and I looked at him.

''What?!'' I asked.

''Last night she was nowhere to be found and Niklaus noticed that last night Marcel was here.'' Elijah said.

''He was here?'' I asked slightly panicking as I sat up.

''Yes. But I'm grateful he didn't notice you.'' he said and looked inside my eyes. I looked into his and it was like travelling inside them. It was one of those moments that I just wanted to kiss him but I couldn't. What if he doesn't feel this way about me? What if he is awkward then and never speaks to me again. Never for a vampire is a long time.

''Okay, okay stop with those googling-love eyes and listen to me.'' Klaus' voice said from the door and then I noticed how close our faces were. Again. What the hell is happening? I quickly got out of bed.

''We're going to see Marcel. Get ready.'' Klaus said again and I looked at them.

''Yes alright you have to get out or do you want me to come in this.'' I said and pointed at my shorts and tank top. They both scanned me up and down and then nodded getting out of my room and closing the door behind them. I put on a pear of black jeans and a dark blue blouse.

I walked down the stairs with my black heels in hand. I walked inside the living room and when they saw me they got up.

''Let's pay a visit to our beloved friend.'' Klaus said and walked to the hall. I put on my heels and followed Klaus and Elijah out of the house.

We arrived at the country yard and walked in. Inside there were all of Marcel's vampires drinking and talking. Marcel was on the balcony. Klaus walked behind a woman and snapped her neck. The body fell on the ground dead and everyone looked at us. There was silence.

''Good morning! I'd like a word.'' Klaus said and Marcel looked at us with a deadly glare.

''What do you think you're doing?'' Marcel asked angrily.

''It appears that we've interrupted a collection of filthy amateurs! We've come here for the girl. Give it to us or ...'' Elijah said but I stepped forward cutting him off.

''Or we'll kill everyone here. Starting with you.'' I said with my best threatening voice. Marcel looked at me with the most deadly glare he can.

''You three got a lot of nerve, coming into my home and making demands.'' Marcel said.

''Your home, is it?'' Klaus asked.

''The girl! I will not ask again.'' Elijah shouted at Marcel.

''I assume you're talking about Hayley? Yea high, dark hair, bitchy attitude? Who is she, anyway?'' Marcel asked. He actually looked like he was innocent. I think I believe him for some reason.

''She's an old friend. You know how sentimental I am about old friends.'' Klaus said avoiding the truth.

''Well, I ain't got her. And before you start whining, I did pay her a little visit earlier tonight. I was feeling nostalgic, so I took a trip out to the plantation where I used to be a slave. And, imagine my surprise when I realized that the Original family of vampires had taken up residence. Your girl, Hayley, answered the door, we exchanged hellos, that was it. If I wanted to kidnap someone it would be beautiful Amy here, we all know how much you care about her. You don't believe me? Look around. Hell, I'll even help you find her. But the question that I'd ask is: if Hayley isn't here, then where is she?'' Marcel said. Elijah and Klaus looked at me and I nodded at them, letting them know I believed him.