20. A closer walk with thee

Klaus' pov

I opened the church's doors and walked inside. A lot of people were sitting on the sits. Marcel, Francesca and Genevieve walked close to the casket to pay their respect to the dead Father Kieran. After that they walked back to their sits. I walked further inside when I sensed someone next to me. I turned to my right and saw Amy smiling at me. She wore a beautiful black dress that fitted perfectly around her body. I smiled back to her and then she grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together. I smiled at her sweetly. We stood next to the casket. I opened it with my free hand only to see a baby. I starred at it and it started laughing at me. It was so beautiful.

''Hi.'' I said sweetly and then turned to see Amy smiling at the sight. I leaned and kissed her cheek before turning my look to the baby.

''Hello to you too.'' a voice said from behind us. A voice that only brings death. I quickly turned to face Mikael. The next thing I know is that Amy's hand was pulled away from mine. Her eyes widened as blood fell from her mouth. I looked at her stomach to see the white oak stake.

''NOOO!!!'' I yelled but it was too late. She fell on the ground dead while Mikael had the stake on his hand. This can't be happening. She can't be dead. No, not her.

''Now it's your turn.'' Mikael said and pushed the stake inside my stomach.

''Nik! Nik! Wake up, Nik!'' I heard a voice yelling and my eyes immediately shot open. I sat up and breathed heavily. I then looked next to me to see Amy's worried face. She was here. She wasn't dead. Relief washed over me.

''Amy... you're here.'' I whispered and she smiled.

''Of course I am.'' she replied. I laid back on the bed bringing Amy next to me. She rested her head on my bear chest as I wrapped my arms around her.

''I'm not going anywhere Nik.'' she reassured me and I smiled kissing her forehead.

Amy's pov

I walked inside Rousseau's and saw Cami talking to Klaus. I walked to them and joined them.

'' I've been having these dreams about my dead father. No diagnosis necessary, love. I've already got this one covered: my fears of fatherhood, of scarring my child as my father scarred me, are manifesting as nightmares.'' Klaus said and my eyes widened.

''You're having nightmares about your father?'' I asked and he nodded at me.

''Why didn't you tell me?'' I asked feeling a little hurt.

''I didn't want to scare you and make you worry. Simple as that.'' he said.

''What did you see?'' I asked.

''It's fine just forget about it, love.'' he said.

''Forget about it? Jesus Nik.'' I said and turned my head in front of me not wanting to continue this conversation.

'' Truthfully? I'm just surprised to hear you acknowledge out loud that you're going to be a dad. Your baby mama has been living out in the bayou for months, it's not exactly What To Expect When You're Expecting.'' Cami said to him.

'' I know more about the trials of fatherhood than you might imagine, Camille.'' Klaus said to her.

'' And it worked out for you so well the first time, why change a thing?'' Cami said and walked away. Klaus looked somewhere and I noticed it was Marcel. I looked at Klaus only to see him starring with a look on his face like he was in another world.

''Nik, are you okay?'' I asked softly.

''Yes. Just stop worrying about me, I'm fine.'' he said. I rolled my eyes.