4. Girl in New Orleans

I heard a knock on my bedroom door but I ignored it, just like the past 40 times. ''Amy! Open the door!'' I heard Rebekah shouting from outside. ''You can't stay in there all day! Amy!'' she shouted again but I just rolled my eyes.

''Leave me alone Rebekah!'' I shouted back.

''Leave you alone in your pathetic little miserable drama?! I do not think so!'' she yelled and then kicked the door, which broke and fell inside the room. Rebekah walked in and opened the curtains. I closed my eyes and fell back to my pillow.

''Get out Rebekah. Wrong day to play good sister.'' I said angrily. She didn't speak but came to the bed and pulled the big warm blanket off of me. That was it.

''GET OUT!'' I yelled and grabbed the knife from my nightstand and threw it out of the window. It stuck at the wall opposite my door and next to Klaus' head.

''Girls. Girls. What is the matter here?'' he asked. ''We have a visitor. Please behave.'' he said and Rebekah turned to him.

''Who?'' she asked.

''Cami, Marcel's girl.'' he said and Rebekah immediately left the room.

''If this is about Elijah...'' he started.

''No it''s not about Elijah. This is about you. This is about us. You can't do things in secret. We are your family. If you don't trust us... who will you trust?'' I said and exited the room to go have a shower.

After I showered Klaus left with Cami and Rebekah, Hayley and I were at the living room with a witch Agnes.

'' I told you Agnes, I feel great!'' Hayley said. Rebekah was looking at her laptop and I at mine. We actually never spoke after this morning.

'' You are overdue for a checkup.'' Agnes said as she came with three cups of tea. She gave the first to me.

''This will do you good. It relaxes the nerves.'' Agnes said and I took the cup drinking it. It actually tasted a little wierd.

'' What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch, nothing to see here!'' Hayley said earning a deadly glare from Rebekah.

'' A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours.'' Rebekah said and returned her attention to her laptop.

'' I know a doctor out in the bayou. Off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it.''Agnes said and Hayley rolled her eyes as she thought about it.

'' Okay, fine. Bayou-baby-doctor it is.'' Hayley said as she and Agnes left the room.

I was looking through the satellite all the attics of the French Quarter when Klaus walked in. He looked at me and shook his head.

'' Please, Amy, tell me you're not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin, anyway? Just type in "anonymous attic?" Klaus said and poured himself a glass of scotch.

'' Someone has to find Elijah, even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans.'' I said searching.

'' Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles.'' Klaus said again.

'' I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to. There were shutters on the windows behind Elijah's coffin.'' I said.

'' Well, that should narrow it down immensely. Myself, I prefer actual strategy as opposed to mind-numbing labor. Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance.'' Klaus said and I smiled bitterly at him.