Chapter 26

I've been dead tired because of the lost money in our company. How the heck a hundreds of million pesos is gone like a smoke in just an overnight.

Nagising nalang ako dahil sa isang tawag na nawawalan ng malaking pera ang kompanya. And no one knows who did it or how the heck it happened.

As the days past by, I feel frustrated because of it minsan hindi na ako nakakauwi ng bahay, sa opisina na ako naaabutan ng antok. Right there in my office table.

Then one day, my grandfather called me. I knew that he already knew about the big issue that our company is facing.

I'm not that surprised when he flew here in the Philippines. That's predictable, knowing him.

But what  surprises me more is his big revelation.

"We only have one option, Devin. You have to leave Mindy and marry Astrid to merge our company to theirs."

Bigla akong napatayo mula sa pagkakaupo ko. We're talking inside my mini office at home. Luckily, my wife is not home.

"I'm not divorcing my wife, damn it." I said in a firm voice. Why would I do that? I'm not insane to let go of my happiness and my life.

"Don't 'damn it' me young man." I immediately apologize. My emotions is getting into me. "Ofcourse you won't do that to Mindy, because in the first place you two are not married." I felt my heart race. Suddenly I feel so weak.

"What do you mean 'lo?"

"You're marriage contract are not registered so basically you two are not married." He said straight forwarded.

"What?" Naguguluhang tanong ko.

No it can't be. We're married. Mayroon akong karapatan sa asawa ko gaya nang may karapatan din siya sa'kin.

"What's with that reaction? Di ba dapat magsaya ka sa nalaman mo? in the first place hindi mo naman gusto ang makasal sakanya 'di ba?" He mocked.

"Yes, I'm against the marriage but you force me into it. I want my freedom to choose to marry who i love but you you took it away from me just because you met some ramdom woman who saves you. Me in exchange of her heroic action? then now what?" Aaminin kong ayoko sa kasal noong umpisa but as time goes by I learnt how to love her more than anything else even myself.

"Then the destiny is on your side, grandson. You don't have to force yourself from your marriage to Mindy."  He said coldly.

Napayuko ako at umiling. My tears started to flow. No. This is not happening. I'm just dreaming, yeah right, this is just a bad dream. I have to wake up.

"I knew it all along, the way you treated Mindy. She's nothing to you. You treated her like nobody so it's better this way. To just let her go and be happy." He said firmly.

I managed to stand straight. My eyes are already swollen because of the nonstop flow of my tears. "That was before. I can't live without her now. I love my wife and she's now my everything. So please tell me you're just kidding. This is not a good joke 'lo." I insist.

Silence consumed us for a while. I have to think fast, kung totoo man ito, i won't tell my wife. Kukumbinsihin ko nalang siyang parang magpakasal ulit, this time with a real marriage vow. To make it all real between us. Natatakot ako sa pwede niyang gawin sa oras na malaman niyang hindi kami totoong kasal. The thought of her leaving me is a total ngihtmare than the lost of million pesos in our company.