Just Ice Cream

It's been almost a full week since Alex and I have actually talked. We have two days till our second game and I'm not as excited about it as I thought I would be. I guess I've been stressed out about what happened with Alex and me Friday night and what happened Monday with Jack. I sighed and laid my head on my desk.

After I got home Saturday I never felt so happy Alex stayed for a while and we just sat around and talked. I learned that he loves to go mudding' he has a personal passion for football of cores and he has a little sister and brother. His dad is a writer and his mom works at the hospital.

I walked to my locker and found that Alex was leaning up against my locker. My heart skipped a beat at seeing how hot he was to day. He had on worn out wranglers that look amazing and a white skin tight t-shirt, you could see he had an eight pack, and hmm cowboy boots. (Nice touch)

I blushed because he smirked at me. "Like what ya see," he added.

"Ha you wish," I said smiling.

"You know you do."

"Nah I think I've seen better!"

"Well don't you know how to break my heart," he said faking hurt by holding his hand on his heart.

"Shut up and move," I said shoving him away from my locker. He just laughed at me.

"I'll see ya in first," he said walking off.

I pulled out history and science and put my dance bag in my locker. "Hey, Susan," I pricy voice said from behind me.

"Hey, Amber," I said eyeing her up and down.

"What do you want?"

"I want you to stay away," She snapped walking up to me getting in my face.

"From what," I asked not really caring.

"Alex that's what!"

"Ok, whatever take you and your dogs and go to a pricy salon," I said slamming my locker shut and walking off to first.

"You little bitch," I heard her say behind me.

The rest of the day was uneventful well except the normal glare from Jacob, amber and her friends. Lunch was fun we all goofed off and just chilled till the bell.

Oh yes the end of the day my favorite time ever. I breezed through dance fast and easier than any day I've had. I just feel a change in mood I feel happy.

RIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG! Yes final bell. I ran out of the school as fast as I could. As soon as I was outside I ran to my pick up and climbed in.

"Hey Susan," Trent yelled running over to my truck.

"Hey you want to stay and watch practice, cause after me and Emily are going for ice cream," he said in a rush.

"Uh... Sure," I said with a smile.

"Alright see y'all gals after practice," he yelled over his shoulder as he jogged to the sports building across the lot.

"Lord would you look at them," Emily said with a huge grin on her face. I looked at her and rolled my eyes a chuckled.

"Girl your crazy," I said laughing. "Just look at that ass!" "Just wait till we're at the parlor and I tell Trent you where looking' at Alex's ass besides his," I said smirking. "You wouldn't!" I just smirked at her and watch the guys finish up practice, but I have to admit Emily is right about their asses.

"Come on let's go wait by Trent's truck." We got up and headed over to the parking lot. "So Sue do you like Alex," Emily asked suddenly. "Um...well I guess I don't know," I said looking at the ground. "It seems like it, I see the way y'all look at each other." "Can we not talk about this right now because here come the guys?" "Pretty fast for how slow they usually move in the locker rooms," I said laughing.

"Y'all ready to go," Trent asked?

"Duh waiting on y'all," Emily stated.

"See y'all there then," he said getting' in his truck.

"Chocolate swirl is a gift from the almighty," Emily said closing her eyes when she put a spoon full of chocolate and vanilla ice cream in her mouth.

"Nah it has to be you," Trent said kissing her on the lips.

"Liar," Emily said giggling. Trent just kissed her again in response. Alex looked at me and gave me a nod towards the door. He grabbed my hand as we walked out towards a little pond off from the parlor. We sat on an old concrete bench just eaten out ice cream and listening to the crickets chirp and…fire fly’s dance of the surface of the pond.

"Susan," Alex asked all of a sudden?!

"Hm," I said in response. "If we get serious..," he started but trailed off. I turned and glanced at him wondering where he is going to go with this.  He sighed and looked into my eyes; those deep crystal blue eyes captivated me it was like he could see right into my soul if even possible.

“Susan, if we were to become more that friends I want you to know everything about me,” he said. I just nodded my head like an idiot. “When I was really young my dad was killed in a car crash,” He paused briefly,” My mother was injured only slightly, but my little brother he…he was killed on impact.” I looked at him shocked and with sympathy; I could feel tears brim my eyes threading to fall.

 “Luke and I, we were goofing off in the back, mom already told us to stop twice but we didn’t listen; if I would have stopped she wouldn’t have looked back to try and get us to stop, she would have seen the oncoming truck and she would have been able to avoid it,” he said putting his face in his hands.

I placed my arms around him and comforted him the best I could. Tears feel down my face at what he said.  “Alex I cannot understand what you’re going through but that was not your fault you were a kid, and even if your mom was able to avoid the truck doesn’t mean something else couldn’t have happened.”

 “Ever since then none of us have been the same, but now mom has closed herself up from me, she’s remarried and has already got a son and daughter my half siblings.” I kissed his cheek, he looked up and noticed my tears and wiped them away. Leaving his hands on my face he said,” hey don’t cry come on it’s getting late.”

A/N

Hey y’all thank y’all for the votes and stuff I hope y’all who are sticking with me and reading and stuff I hope y’all stick around.

Remember to fan, vote, and comment!

And don’t forget, spot a mistake let me know.

I would like to give a very big thanks to JordieXx for helping me greatly she gave me some really great advice and I think y'all should check out her work. So Jordie thank you so much you helped me allot!! :)