Chapter Six: Imprisoned

6 years after Praimfaya

Clarke's POV

The morning started off as any other morning, trying to get Madi to wake up to start training.

"Can't i have a day off?" She whined.

"Yes," i say, "and you had it yesterday." I laugh, and she buries down in her blanket with a big sigh.

Until i rip the blanket off of her.

"You are a cruel, cruel woman." She groans and i chuckle.

***

A few hours later and we are done with training. Madi sits down next to me and asks, "Tell me more about your friends."

"What would you like to know?" I ask. She wiggles around to get comfortable, "Tell me more about Lexa."

It's used to be very hard to talk about Lexa, the pain would be overwhelming, but i have healed over the years. She was my first love, and she will always be a part of me no matter where i go. Now i can think back on our time together and be grateful that i had the time, however short, that i got to spend with her.

"Well Lexa was a badass." I start, and Madi elbows me, "Well i knew that mom." She rolls her eyes.

I smile, "She was strong and brave, she was a great leader. She had a big heart, but she knew how to lead with her head."

"Do you miss her?" Madi asked, "I mean of course you do, but it gets better right?"

I ruffle her hair, "Yes it gets better. Now when i think of her i can just be happy, maybe nostalgic."

"But you love Bellamy too, right?" She asks.

"Yes, some people have more than one soul mate." I smile at her.

She fiddles with her fingers, "I want to find a soulmate. I want true love. I want to be a princess and live in a castle with my prince."

I smile, she's so precious and innocent, i would do anything to protect her from the harsh reality of this world.

"One day you will." I promise her, and she lays her head down in my lap, and i stroke her hair.

Then she says softly, "When my parents died..." I listen closely, she never really talks about her past, i know it's really painful for her.

"When my parents died, I didn't know what to do. I thought my heart would break in half from the pain, it felt like it would. Suddenly i was alone and lost."

My chest aches just thinking about her as a lonely scared orphan.

"Then you found me. I miss my parents so much, my mom especially, my dad wasn't around much. But you have two loves, and i have two moms. My first one and you. Thank you for saving me."

I don't realize I'm crying till i touch my cheek and feel the salty tears.

"Madi, you saved me." I tell her, and she wipes the tears off her face, and smiles up at me. Then a yawn sneaks out involuntarily.