Chapter Twenty : Life Is A Funny Thing

Five hours earlier

Bellamy's POV

Her blond hair shines in the sunlight streaming through the curtain, perfectly lighting up her tanned face. She looks peaceful, i wish she was always like this, she has lost so much, and all she deserves is happiness and peace. I feel this deep ache in my gut, a fierce wanting to protect her at all costs. I won't let anything bad happen to you ever again.

I carefully lift myself off the bed, grabbing some clean clothes out of my backpack and make my way to the outside shower that someone had rigged up. I haven't been clean in a long time and the thought of the sun-heated water streaming down my body, clearing all the dirt and grime off of me sounds amazing.

After I'm clean i make my way back to my room, my dirty clothes bundled in my arms. Clarke is still asleep when i walk in, she groans and turns over on her side, her eyes gazing at me sleepily. "Morning sleepyhead." I say with a slight smile. She just groans again in response, "Morning and good should never be used in the same sentence." She says, her eyes fluttering shut again, as she flips over on her side and starts to fall back asleep. I smile and toss my clothes in the corner.

Someone knocks on the door, startlingly Clarke back awake. Our eyes meet in alarm. "Come in!" I announce, not taking my eyes off Clarke. She shrugs. I shrug back. A familiar dark haired girl steps into my room. "Hey Bellamy, Hey Clarke. So- wait what Clarke-" she pauses as Clarke sighs and my stomach swoops. "It's not what you think." She winks knowingly at Clarke, "Okay sure. Mind if i borrow your boyfriend?"

"He's not my-" she starts but Octavia cuts her off, "Great thanks." As she grabs my arm and drags me into the hall, she glances at me, wincing slightly, "There's something i have to show you first, then you can tell me what the hell Clarke was doing in your bed."

Now

With every step i take, i have to drag myself along. I'm exhausted, but even more so I don't want to go to war again. I'm tired of all the fighting, the never ending battles. My heart sinks more and more with every step that i take, until i lift my head up and catch a glimpse of Clarke. Her long blonde hair is being tossed gently in the wind as she talks, her hands making wide sweeping gestures aiding the conversation between her and Madi. The heaviness weighing down on my chest lifts a little.

"Oh my god," a voice rings out from the front with excitement. I dash towards the commotion, others pushing to get to the front of the group. There is a beautiful pond, the water is a brilliant blue and the sun is sparkling down off it. My breath catches, I forgot just how beautiful earth really is. I've forgotten how much i missed it.

It's very hot out, i am drenched in sweat. The tough, dark fighting gear doesn't help. Jumping in the water sounds heavenly.

Raven tosses her gun to the side and runs up to the lake, stripping her jeans off and jumping in the water, all with a grin. Water spraying around her. She resurfaces still smiling, her hair slicked back. In no time people are stripping off pants and shirts and jumping in the nice, clean water.

Deciding to join the club, i take my shirt off and jump in, resurfacing next to Octavia. She floats on her back, looking peaceful for the first time in awhile. I leave her alone, she deserves all the peace she can get. Things haven't been easy for her, for her whole entire life. Being locked up, losing our mom, losing Lincoln, whatever happened in the bunker. I hope she can be happy again someday, i know she will. Potentially with Niylah, they seem to stick together through thick and thin and i am hopeful for her.