Ch 12: The Institute Kidnaps My Crush

I was running, Kai trailing close behind me. He had our backpack stuffed with supplies. We were three steps away from the fence, and the guards were firing at us. The last face I saw was Tyler, standing with his comrades in combat, trying to kill me, his blue eyes unfamiliar to the boy that I once knew.

It was just a dream. I'm unable to move, Tyler's arm is wrapped around my petite frame. He stirs, letting out a small groan, but drifts back off. I try and do the same, but I can't help but trail to Ty's perfect lips, and his adorable face, and the way his blonde hair falls just above his eyebrow. 

But, my moment of peace is interrupted by the creaking of a door. My door. I can see a large figure slip in. I'm pretty sure it's Kai, because who else would be sneaking around in my room. The figure sneaks to the bedside, touching Tyler's shoulder. His head turns, and he takes a deep breath in. I squeeze my eyes shut, pretending to be asleep. It's not Kai. I'm guessing it's a guard now. 

"You did it man," the mysterious man whispers, "you completed the mission." 

"Good for me, can I go back to sleep now?" He replies in a groggy tone. 

"What, so you can bang that hottie?" The other man says, a little too loudly. 

"We haven't fucked, you asshole. I was just getting the first good night's rest that I've had in a while." Tyler rubs his eyes. 

"Well, that is a sad story dude, the captain wants you back by morning. Me and a couple of the other guys let you spend the night with your girl, but it's time to go. We have morning count at 4:00." He says, crossing his arms. 

"Yeah, yeah. At least when I was a prisoner I got to sleep in." Ty says, giving my hand one last squeeze before he leaves the room, and I might never see him again. The absence of his body makes me feel so vulnerable. 

And now I have to deal with Kai. Alone.