Chapter Twenty-One: A New Age

Braedey slowly opened his eyes as he woke up in a bed. He let his eyes wander around as he saw that he was in an infirmary. He rubbed his head with his right hand. He then moved to get up but found his left arm was being weighted down. He looked to see Jessie sleeping while holding onto his hand.

"How long have I been out for?" He wondered to himself before he saw Jessie was starting to stir.

She stirred as she got up and yawned before she opened her eyes to see that Braedey was awake. "BRAEDEY!" She said happily, jumping onto the bed and hugged him, while making sure to be gentle.

"Hey, Jessie." Braedey smiled cheerfully, as he returned the hug, thankful that she hadn't accidentally squeezed him.

Jessie pulled away from him. "I'm so glad you're awake. Are you ok?" She asked, almost like she was a nurse.

Braedey nodded. "Well, I've had better days. This is definitely the first time I've ever woken up in an infirmary." He replied to her.

Jessie giggled at Braedey's remark. Her brother has gone through a huge ordeal, and when he wakes up, he questions and he makes jokes.

"So, what happened?" Braedey asked wondering if he missed anything interesting.

"Well, when we destroyed Slash, you then fell unconscious. So we took you to the castle, while Allucard and Odin talked about things." Jessie explained. "Diana was worried about you mostly."

Braedey smiled a little. "So, how are the others? Are they alright?"

"They got some bruises and such, but nothing too serious." Jessie replied. "Fiona and Mum used some magic to heal them, and used some of their magic to get you fixed up also, but decided that you need some sleep to get your strength."

"Thank god." Braedey sighed in relief. "So, what's happening right now?"

Jessie smiled gently to him. "Why don't you come and see?" She asked. "They'll be happy to see you up."

Braedey slowly got out of bed, Jessie helping him to his feet. He noticed his left arm was bandaged up, along with a bandage across his chest. Guess he got more injuries than one might've thought. The two siblings made their way out of the infirmary, and began to walk through the halls, which Braedey noticed to be the hallways of the citadel.

"So, where are we going?" Braedey asked Jessie.

"We're going to the throne room." Jessie replied to her big brother. "Everyone is waiting there."

~*~*~

Meanwhile, inside the throne room, Odin and Matilda now sat in the two thrones, while Samuels stood to the right of the thrones

Meanwhile, inside the throne room, Odin and Matilda now sat in the two thrones, while Samuels stood to the right of the thrones. Nearby them, Naomi, Tyler, Karen, Fiona, Tyler, Chika, Harrison, Andrea and Bravery were standing to the right side of the throne room. Diana was also there, standing on the left side of her father and mother.