Chapter Seventeen: Gigantica's History

It was dead silence. Nobody said a word. Not that they could. The only sounds that echoed around were the dripping of water onto the rocks. The group were all inside of some kind of large cell forged out of solid rock, the roof reaching up about 60ft tall, whilst stalactites and stalagmites were all around the cell.

"So, the Great King has taken control of the entirety of Gigantica, and plans to execute Diana." Tyler summarised. "And not to mention that his son was the guy who shot us out of the sky."

"And I can understand why Diana won't marry him." Chika agreed. "I mean, the guy is a total lunatic."

"Okay. So, we can all agree that the King and his son are completely nutbags, but we have to try and get to Diana, and rescue her before they could be executed." Naomi spoke up.

"Right, then." Harrison looked to Braedey, but noticed he wasn't looking to them, and was facing a wall opposite them. "Braedey, I need your..." He was stopped by a hand on his shoulder. He looked over, and saw Fiona shaking her head to him.

"He just needs time, Harrison." Fiona said to him. "Braedey needs to have a clear head, and right now..." She looked over to the brunette. "He needs time."

Jessie looked over to Braedey, concern all over her face, as she walked over to him. He didn't even acknowledge her being near him. She sat up on a large rock, and gently held his hand. "Braedey?" She asked quietly to her brother.

After a few moments of silence, Braedey let out a long and lost sigh. "I've failed." He muttered, and Jessie looked in confusion to him. "I couldn't save Diana. And I couldn't keep her safe. I failed."

The two siblings didn't say a word, nor looked at one another. Just then, a grunting cough could be heard nearby. The two siblings looked over, and saw what looked to be a steel grate built into the wall. They walked over to the grate, and looked into it, only seeing darkness.

"Hello?" Braedey called out, only to be met with still silence. "Anyone there?" He pulled out a small torch from his jacket pocket, and looked into the darkness.

To his surprise, along with Jessie, there was someone in the darkness! The person was a big man, looking to tower at 40ft tall, with a set of gentle green eyes, whilst his skin was slightly tanned, and has long black hair reaching down to the middle of his neck, and was braided at the back of his neck. He looked to be in his late 30's or early 40's. He has a very muscular figure. His attire consisted of a large dark red fur cloak that was draped over his right shoulder, a chainmail tunic with striped black pants and fur boots. He looked somewhat tired and exhausted.

"Hello." The giant greeted calmly, his voice carrying strength that the two siblings respected. "What are your names?" He asked.

"My name is Braedey Martin." Braedey introduced himself, then gestured to Jessie. "This is my little sister, Jessie."

"Who are you?" Jessie asked next.

"My name is Odin, the King of Gigantica." The male introduced himself, and he showed a gentle smile.

Braedey's eyes widened in shock. "The King? You're the original King of Gigantica?!" He asked quickly.

"I guess you all had the unfortunate opportunity of meeting my disowned brother, Allucard." Odin muttered in annoyance.

"Wait. Allucard is your brother?" Jessie asked in confusion. "I don't really see the resemblance."

"Yes." Odin nodded, then raised an eyebrow. "Why do you ask?"

"He never said anything about family, or about anything else." Braedey explained. "Plus, he really wanted to get Diana back."

Odin's eyes widen in shock. "Wait. Diana?" He pointed to Braedey. "You know Diana?"