Chapter Five: Turn Over a New Leaf

By late afternoon, the sun had begun to set. With Braedey and Jessie, they've made their way back to the lake house, and as they do, they saw Lilly and Rachel, the two of them talking about a bet with their mother, whilst Luke was fixing up something in Uncle Frank's car.

As Braedey and Jessie enter the house, they saw Uncle Frank working on another set of reels. "Oh, there you two are. I was preparing for tomorrow to go fishing."

"Uncle Frank. Wait." Braedey stopped his uncle from going on any further. "Whilst we were out earlier today, me and Jessie have both decided and agreed on something."

"And what might that be?" Uncle Frank asked. He really wanted to do some fishing, but he wondered what his niece and nephew has to say.

"We've decided..." Jessie began.

"That instead of fishing..." Braedey added.

"We could write down a list of things to do while we're here..." Jessie spoke next.

"And you could decide on what to do." Braedey finished.

Uncle Frank weighed the options provided. Sure, he really wanted to do fishing, but this could let him know what other fun might be out there that he could try out with the teens and Jessie.

"I guess it can't hurt to see what you kids do nowadays." Uncle Frank replied to their proposition. "Maybe it could be time to turn over a new leaf, and try something anew."

"Great." Jessie said happily.

"We'll get a list ready, then we'll show it to you, and you circle and tell us what you want to give a try." Braedey added, and with that, both him and Jessie head off upstairs to get their list ready.

Uncle Frank looked at the rods and reels, them shook his head with dignity. "If I'm to turn over a new leaf, there's one thing to start off with..."

A moment later, Uncle Frank could be seen in the backyard, dismantling all of the reels, taking out the string and reel containers from them, and rebuilding the entire rigs into kite reels for tomorrow. With the rods, he snapped them into pieces, and chucked them into a fire pit for the evening.

Later in the evening, just as the sun had gone down below the horizon, Braedey and Jessie finally come down from upstairs, and with a list of what they wish to do while being out here in Creek Landing. The list contains these options:

Uncle Frank took a good look look at the 15 options that were on the list

Uncle Frank took a good look look at the 15 options that were on the list. He had to admit, kite flying, along with hide and seek, bird watching, and tag, were some of the games he used to play with back in his childhood, and to play it again, it be like reliving his childhood once again. Plus, Luke did mention one time he had a discount for RC/Hobby stores in the Illinois/Michigan area, so he and the others could give that a try.

"So, what do you wish to try out for tomorrow?" Braedey asked. He and Jessie were both sitting at the table opposite of Uncle Frank, waiting for his answer.