Chapter 26: Always

Chapter 26:

"Why is he here?" Ben says in a low angry voice. He still doesn't trust me with Niall.

"Gee, maybe because it's my house and not yours you fucking moron." Niall says sarcastically.

"Hey, don't test me buddy. I still owe you from last time." Ben begins to walk forward but I step in front of him and grab his arms.

"You mean when you fell down like a little girl from one shot? Sure, I'd love a round two." Niall says cockily.

"Fuck it, you're not worth it. Let's go." He grabs my arm forcefully and begins to walk away. I stumble after him, trying to keep up with his pace, as his fingers dig into my upper arm. I meet Niall's eyes with a panicked expression.

"Get your filthy hands off of her and get out of my fucking house!" Niall screams at the top of his lungs.

Ben turns around again and shoves me to the side. I'm so fucking screwed.

"My filthy hands have been all over her recently for your information." He says smugly.

"Rosie, what the fuck is he talking about?" Niall growls like a literal dog.

"We may have gotten back together a few weeks ago." I almost whisper, ashamed of my actions.

I can feel the facade of happy me and Ben have upheld so far slipping between our fingers. No more playing the role of a perfect couple. I knew this would bite me in the arse at one point. Looks like it's going to be today.

"I told you before Niall, I always get what I want." Ben laughs in a condescending tone.

"She's not property you piece of shit." Niall yells and balls his fists.

"Then why are you acting like you own her?" Ben counters, raising his voice as well.

"I'm trying to protect her from a worthless douche like you!" Niall steps forward.

In response to Niall's aggressive step closer, Ben tries to step forward as well. I step back in front of him and wrap my arms around his torso.

"Rosie, get the fuck off." He says in a low voice. He never talks to me like that anymore. I can tell he's restraining himself right now.

"No, Ben. This isn't you." I try to calm him down and at the same time grasp onto the hope we can still have our pretend fairytale.

"I said gets the fuck off!" He screams. I release my arms from him just in time to see his elbow hurdling at the side of my face. It connects to my cheekbone and jaw with force and I involuntarily fall back onto the floor. It knocks the wind out of me.

I can almost literally see the walls me and Ben built crumbling down. Why was I so naive to think that this would last longer than it has? Ben is never a good idea. He's evil and I have to be honest, I've hated his filthy guts since I saw him all those years ago in bed with Veronica. I hate him and I want him gone. I'm such an idiot to believe he changed. People don't change.

Tears leave my eyes as I try to catch my breath. I can taste blood so I spit onto the floor and sure enough droplets of red appear.

Niall. That's the one thought I register. I look up just in time to see him charge Ben.

"Don't fucking touch her!" He screams as he literally leaps at Ben.

The pair collide and fall to the floor from the impact. I scoot myself away from them in fear. I am powerless. Niall somehow winds up on top and he punches Ben square in the jaw. Twice. Ben lies with his back to the floor and Niall sits on his chest, pinning him there. Ben tries to punch Niall from his vulnerable position and he gets a mildly hard hit in. Niall tries to hit him again but Ben takes the opportunity to flip him onto his back.