Gatehouse Lane - Niall Horan Fanfiction

- Olivia -

The sun peered through the window, shinning bright onto my face, waking me up from my sleep. As I got out of bed I suddenly remembered what was happening today. It was one of the biggest days for my career and I couldn't be more excited to do it with one of my best friends by my side. After a short panic attack, and having to tell myself to take deep breaths, I got out of bed and took a shower, getting dressed into leggings and a simple white shirt with blue sleeves, I ran downstairs to have breakfast and turn the television on for the morning news shows, when suddenly I saw it. I saw his face on the screen, which was one of the weirdest things in my entire life. Who would have known that my childhood friend would make it this big in the world to be on my TV screen?

“HI we’re One Direction and we can’t wait to come back down under for all our Australian fans!” Before the tears could form in my eye, my best friend came squealing into the room.

“Arhhhhh hurry up no time to watch telly, silly, we gotta get packin!” Daisy was one of my four friends that were with me through my entire high school life. She had seen me cry, laugh and everything in between. We had every class together and yet we were still never sick of each other. We had never had a fight or given each other the silence treatment. She was practically a sister to me.

“Alright, alright I’m going!” I yelled back at my friend. One thing about Daisy was she was a really shy person but once you got to know her, she would open up to you making her a very loud person who I swear never knew the word ‘quite’.

Not caring about my dishes or mess I made while making breakfast, I ran up the stairs and into my room. I didn’t bother brushing my hair because well I never really did. I tied my dirty-blond hair into a high ponytail, letting all my waves fall. I applied some light make up and packed my handbag. I grabbed my huge suitcase and headed down the stairs, trying not to explode from all the excitement. At the bottom of the stairs was Daisy, with only one tiny suitcase. She insisted that we not bring suitcases and just buy all our clothes there but I told her she could do that. I have spent to much money on my clothes.

Saying one last goodbye to our beautiful beach house, we were in the car, heading to the airport for a rather long flight to the other side of the world. England. 

“Daisy I have something to tell you…” I put down the magazine in my hand and looked at her. We were sitting in our first class seats, and the conversation was going a bit dead. I could tell that all the people in their seats around us wished they could move since we had been talking and laughing our heads off for the last 11 hours. I knew I had to tell her my secret that I had kept from everyone for years but I couldn’t do it. I was scared they’d only be friends with me to get to my best friend. So I figured what other way to tell her then stuck on a plane where I can't escape her and her thousands of questions.

“Yeah what’s up?” she tilted her a head and had this confused look on her face. I giggled to myself since I had always found her confused face so funny.

“Umm I have been keeping a secret from you and the girls since…. Welllll… ever, really.” I could see she just wanted me to say it as the suspense was killing her but I thought I’d just drag it out since I really didn’t want to tell her my news. 

“Hurry up and spill!” She laughed I could see that she knew what I was doing. We have known each other long enough to read each other’s minds.

“Well I…” I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t tell her. “I am just so glad that you are my friend. And my secret is that you are my bestest friend then all the girls and that you are coming with me and not anyone else…” I smiled big, fake may I add and giggled a little before finishing, to make it sound more like me. “So can you please get me some water..?”