chapter seventeen

I stumbled out of the shower and into the bedroom. Daisy was on the bed wrapped in blankets due to the cold. She was reading Paper Town by John Green. “Any good?” I motioned towards the book in her hands.

“It’s alright, it takes ages to get into it though, and I’m actually really lost, “she giggled,” I wanna stop reading but Michelle from work says it’s really good and that I have to finish it,” she closed the book as I sat on the bed, drying my wet hair in my towel. Daisy pulled out her laptop and began to search the net; by the sounds of the bed thumping upstairs I’d suggest she is looking for an apartment for us.

I pulled out my own and began to look for a place as well. “What about this one? Two bed, two bath, no backyard, smallish kitchen and living,” Daisy points to the computer. The location is perfect but the price is a bit too much. Daisy notices and we continue to search.

“What about this one?” I suggest, “in budget, two bed one bath, aw but the location isn’t too good,” I sigh. This is becoming more and more difficult. An hour or so has passed before Daisy and I finally found a suitable little cottage, similar to her sister’s one. It’s a bit over our budget due to it already being furnished but we’ll be fine. It’s walking distance to Bright Pictures and just far enough for a drive for Daisy’s café, with two bedrooms and two bathrooms.

“Phone for a tour of the place,” I call to Daisy as I walk out of the room into the kitchen to get a drink. As Daisy was on the phone to the agent of the house, my own phone buzzed in my pocket. I fetched it out to see a twitter notification from Niall.

*@whateverlivsusernameis where are ya? Missing you x*

Really? It’s been one day, not even. I replied.

*@whateverniallsusernameis really? It’s been one day!* I giggle to myself and put my phone back in my back pocket of my shorts. Shortly after there is a reply.

*@whateverlivsusernameis you’re alive!*

After each tweet he puts like a million love hearts and little emojis. I reply.

*@whateverniallsusernameis of cause I am, It’s been a day Nialler*

Before I could even lock my phone, it begins to buzz, multiple notifications popping up. One by one my followers list just kept topping up, from about 30 to 100, now 200, 300, what is going on? Niall replies.

*@whateverlivsusernameis a long, painful day without you x* It showed up on my screen and by the time I opened twitter, he had deleted it. I wonder why.

I out my phone away, confused on what just happened, I still hadn’t gotten my drink yet. My phone buzzed again, and again, and again. My followers list had jumped up to the thousands and millions of girls had commented on Niall and mine’s little chat.

@OfficialNiall who is @OliviaBolton?

@OfficialNiall @OliviaBolton are you dating?

@OliviaBolton are you and Niall dating?

Comment after comment about Niall and I dating, added on. I gave up in the end and just turned the notifications off, filling a glass and heading back into the room silently, as Daisy was hanging up the phone and throwing it onto the bed beside her. “Good news, we have a tour of the house on,” she screwed her face up and looked to the roof, “Saturday at ten.” I nodded and jumped into bed, having an early night.