chapter nineteen

NIALL’S POINT OF VIEW

I took long steps to reach her sitting on her bed sitting beside her I wrapped my arms around her body as she turned to face me, her head leaning on my chest as she cried, a few tears escaping my eyes. After about ten minutes of snuggling herself into my body, she fell quite. “Liv,” I shook her shoulders slightly, “Olivia,” I said a bit loudly. I looked down and tilted her head a bit to see her eyes were closed and she was asleep. I laid her back down on her pillows and jumped in next to her, grabbing her waist and pulling her towards me, pulling the blanket over our bodies and drifting to sleep.

I woke up to an empty bed. It took me a few minutes to realize where I was, Liv’s new house. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and stood up, taking one step at a time to follow the smell of pancakes coming from the kitchen. As I walked through her small house I actually had a look at it this time. When I came over last night it was dark and all my focus was on Liv, I didn’t realize how beautiful her house was. The house was clean as I walked through it and into the kitchen to reveal a small figure standing over the stove; her blonde hair plopped on top of her head and her pajamas shorts barely visible over her large T-shirt. She turned around, no smile on her face as she placed three pancakes on top of each other onto the bench, berries and bananas on top of the pancakes, dressed in maple sauce. A grin appeared on my lips as she had plates the food perfectly before pouring a glass of orange juice. She finally looked up and saw me as I slowly made my way towards the bench seats. “What’s this?” I questions as she pushed the food towards me as well as a knife and fork.

“My apology breakfast,” she smiled, proud of herself. She turned back around and began to clean her mess, washing the dishes and clearing the benches. I hummed at the delicious food as I devoured it quickly. She finally finished cleaning and sat on the bench across from me, a banana in her hand. “So you going back home for Chrissy?” she asked, her eyes set on the fruit on in her hands as she peeled the banana. I stopped eating, clearing my throat as a small giggle escaped my lips.

“Whose Chrissy?” I questioned. She looked at me dumbfounded; clearly surprised I had no idea what she was on about.

“Chrissy? You know, Christmas?” her tone was sarcastic, almost as if I was meant to know what she was on about.

“You Australian’s and shorting every word possible,” I shook my head and began to eat my food again. “But yes, I am going back home. I’m leaving today actually,” I plopped another berry into my mouth. Liv still hasn’t looked up from her food. “Are you going home?” I questioned, she probably isn’t because she would have gone by now. She shook her head, hopping down from the counter and putting her scraps into the bin.

“When’s your flight?” she asks, her head in the fridge as she grabs the milk out and makes herself a tea. I finish my mouth full and answer.

“About two this afternoon,” my eyes don’t leave her as she fumbles around the kitchen. She doesn’t say a word or pull any expression; instead she just concentrates on making her tea and nods at everything I say. “You alright?” I question, as she seemed off.

“Yeah, just a hangover,” she looks over at the clock on the wall hanging over the dinning table. “It’s eleven now Niall, your flight is in three hours,” she stopped in front of me, a fake smile on her face, “I’m gonna have a shower, do you mind putting your dishes in the sink and locking the door behind you when your done?” is she kicking me out? I mean I do have to get to the airport but if I miss it, I miss it, who cares? I’ll just take the company jet or something. Before I could finish chewing and respond she was already up the stairs. I slightly heard the faint noise of water running from above me so I decided to just leave. I finished my meal and washed my dishes, cleaning my mess and writing her a little note. I’ll be sure to give her, her Christmas gift when I return home from Ireland. I just hope she likes it. You never know, this could be the last little thing I do for her to fall in love with me.