chapter two

- Olivia -

It was my first day of a new and improved job, I was excited, way to excited that I had woke up six am and my interview wasn’t until ten. Daisy and I had been here in London for almost a week and sadly all I’ve done is sleep. I had only got out of bed to eat, pee and shower. I couldn’t eat. Closer to my future job, the excitement was over powered by nerves and panic. I ate something small and had a shower before getting dressed into black skinny jeans, a red shirt, black blazer and red pumps. I had to look smart as well as casual. I had to have a good first impression. I did my hair into a messy yet nice ponytail and applied my make up, grabbing my red shoulder bag and stuffing it with useless things that I will probably never need but are in there just to fill the space, saying goodbye to Daisy, I deciding to walk. I had to get to know the area since I needed a track for my morning jogs. Who knows how I’m going to get up early to run when England is so dark that it feels like four in the morning every day, all day.

I ended up calling a cab after only walking like two streets. I was in heels and didn’t know the area. Why the hell did I think I could walk? I think I just needed to walk off the nerves/energy. I paid the driver his weird money and walked into the small building. I was praying that it would be small and looked like someone up above listened. I pushed the door open and walked in, scanning the small room. Four light grey walls were decorated with all types of pictures. Portraits, landscape, objects, anything and everything. They were all beautiful and crazy perfect. Mt thoughts were interrupted by a middle-aged woman with short black hair, sitting behind a desk on a computer.

“Can I help you mam?” Her voice was a bit high pitched and she had a warm bubbly smile. Although she seemed like a nice lady, I had a feeling to never get on her bad side. She looked like the person who would rip your head off in a bitch fight. I cleared my throat and began to speak.  

“Urmm… yeah… Hi, I’m here to for an interview with Mr. Smith about the new photography job…?” I stuttered and started shaking, as I was so nervous. She looked down at her computer and clicked around before talking again.

“Arhh yes Miss Olivia Bolton is it? He will be with you in a short moment, you may take a seat while you wait,” she beamed a smile my way with every word she said. What’s with receptionist always being so cheerful and happy?

I sat down and stared at the pictures and magnificent landscape on the walls when I saw his face again. Before I could study his beautiful features, I decided to pick up a magazine and pretended to read the articles. Seriously who reads a magazine in awaiting room? I just look at the pictures and focus on controlling my nerves.

“Mr. Smith will see you now,” I came to find her name to be Alison, due to her nametag. We went into an elevator and she walked me through a corridor with multiple doors leading into all different types of rooms, some were dressing rooms, some were photo shoot rooms and others, well I didn’t really know. At the end of the hallway was an office. It seemed to be the only one in this entire building.

“Mr. Smith, Olivia Bolton the new photographer is here to see you,”

“Yes, yes send her in,” Mr. Smith was a tallish man with short red/brown hair. He was a bit big around the waist but who cares right? He smiled bright at me and leaned back from his desk,stretching  back into his spinning chair.

“Hello Miss Olivia, please take a seat. Do you have your portfolio with you?”

“Arhh yes I do, and you can call me Liv,” Smiling, I handed him my black file and sat shaking in my chair. I have always been such a nervous wreck. He looked through my fat folder nodding and humming occasionally before finishing a few minutes later.