chapter seven

- Olivia -

I sat there on my bed waiting for him. Waiting for my Prince Charming to bust through the doors and save me from my dark thoughts of my mind. This always happened. My mind thinks of the stupidest things and puts me down every possibility that it can get. Right now I’m thinking that he just played me for some silly little game, to try and get with me or something. Or now I’m thinking that he saw me and was just absolutely disgusted by my appearance and ran for the hills. I looked down at myself; sweat pants and a simple blue T-shirt. Don’t blame him.

He has been gone for almost half and hour. I’m trying to convince myself that he just lives very far away or maybe traffic is just terrible or something. I was about to start the film when I heard the door swing open down stairs. A few stumbling feet and loud thumps up the stairs. I began to panic thinking someone had broke in and was about to kidnap me or something until a fumbling Niall burst through the door, causing me to jump, almost falling off the bed.

“I’m here, I’m here I’m sorry the cops pulled me over saying I was ‘speeding’ but I think they just wanted my autograph or something,” Niall was puffing out of breath as he explained himself to me, running up and saying how sorry he is for being late. I just laughed.

“Niall it’s okay, I guess. You just had me worried that’s all. Now can we watch this movie or not?” I asked him before he could question me. He nodded and climbed under the covers.

We spent the rest of the day together like this. Watching movies and eating junk. We watched every movie we could find. This included all the Star Wars, Anchorman, Austin powers, Red and all the X-Men. We hardly talked, only enjoyed each other’s company and focused on the movies. We only talked to each other to bag out terrible mistakes and unrealistic scenes in the movies. Niall laughed at practically everything, which caused me to laugh. He really knew how to take away all the troubles on my mind and I thank him for that. I grabbed my phone and checked the time. Five O’clock. My stomach growled so I growled back, causing Niall to burst into yet another fit of laughter. I got out of bed watched Niall, follow my every move. I didn’t say anything, I just walked downstairs, Niall close behind me. I walked into the kitchen and started getting some things out of the cupboards.

“What are you doing?” he looked confused. I just frowned at him and gave him a dumb look that earned a smile.

“Making dinner? How do ya feel about creamy chicken pasta?” I asked him and his face lit up and he walked over to me grabbing some of the ingredients out of my hands and started chopping them up. I gave him a thank you smile and put on the boiling water for the pasta. Niall walked over to the radio and put on some Olly Murs music. He smiled and at me and I giggle before turning back and prepared dinner. We sang and danced around the kitchen moving along with the music until we were all finished. I plated up both our dishes while Niall set the table. We ate in silence, the only noise coming from the speakers. Our silence wasn’t awkward; it was just simple that we didn’t have anything to say to one another. I knew Niall was going to leave soon so I didn’t want to say anything wrong, I’d like to keep our last moment from when we were 16 and not some fucked up one that I might cause when we were 21. We did the dishes and left a plate for Daisy. She was out with the girls today. I wasn’t in the mood for people today. All night I had been thinking about my Nan’s death and I came to a conclusion.

“I’m going back to Ireland tomorrow to say goodbye to my Nan. I have already missed the funeral, but I’m not the best at them anyways. I want some one on one time with my Nannie,” I could feel the tears forming in my eyes, slowly falling down my cheeks and into the bubbly water below. I did the last few dishes and gave them to Niall to dry. I wiped my hands on a tea towel and stared to walk away when a large hand grabbed my small wrist. I was pulled around to face Niall. He tilted my chin, forcing me to look into his gorgeous blue eyes. He cupped my cheeks in his enormous hands and wiped my tears away with his thumbs. He bent down and placed his forehead on mine.