chapter twenty-seven

OLIVIA’S POINT OF VIEW: 

“Why don’t you two date already?” Zayn asks, laughing as we both still remain on the floor of Niall’s spare bathroom. I shake my head. 

“Because I don’t think he likes me,” I say looking at my fingers in my lap as I fidget with my nails. I felt like a stupid fourteen year old again. Zayn just laughs more, his longs legs stretching out in front of him. 

“Bullshit, you know he loves you, come on, it’s so obvious. Not to mention if he didn’t, then he wouldn’t be out there stressing, cursing and punching shit. So what’s the real reason?” he raised his eyebrow at me, looking straight through my lie.

“Well, I’m scared what the fans will say. You know? I don’t know if I’ll be able to deal with never having the privacy again, and I don’t want to…” I look away from Zayn, looking out the blurry window, “I don’t want to disappoint him. I mean look at him, his beautiful blue eyes, his amazing smile his just, breathtaking. And you and Liam and the other boys, you’re all so handsome and you’re girlfriends are just so, urh they’re just so breathtakingly beautiful and amazingly talented, I mean they’ve all made a name for themselves before you guys you know? And then I’m here, like scum. And I don’t want people to think I’m using Niall or something because I am defiantly not doing that.” Zayn is still looking at me, his head tilted slightly as I look down at my feet, the white nail polish from months ago still hasn’t come off.

“Liv, first off you know that’s all not true. I’d compliment you and all but I think that’s Niall’s job,” he winks at me as I slightly giggle, “but I know what Niall would say, he’d say you’re beautiful and that you shouldn’t think so low of yourself. But he’d probably drag it out and use more compliments and flatter you,” this causes me to laugh as I still look down at my toes, “Look, the fans won’t think of you badly. Yes, you get some that will, but they’re only jealous and it’s only a small handful. Once the fans hear how you two met, how you’ve been childhood friends, and they see how happy Niall is, they’ll love you just as much as you love him. Trust me.” I nodded along, not wanting to say another word as we both just sat in silence on the bathroom floor. 

I slowly let my head fall onto Zayn’s shoulder, “thank you Zayn.” I felt him nod and I knew he was smirking. We sat there for a few minutes, Zayn’s comforting really helped me, it sure made me think, but it helped. He suddenly shrugged me off his shoulder, standing up and offering me his hand, which I gladly accepted. “I’m think Niall would have smashed every plate by now,” Zayn says chuckling. I nod, smiling and follow him as he opens the door. Niall sat on the floor, leaning against the wall opposite the bathroom, he looked so worn out.

As soon as I stepped out he jumped up, wrapping his arms around me and apologising a thousand times in my ear. He pulled back, stepping back a bit and looking a tad nervous. Zayn had joined Liam in the living room but sat on the edge of the couch so they could still see and hear us in the hall way. "Look Livy," I cringe at the name, even after all these years it still hits a nerve, "You and me, we've been together since we were what? Five? We've been friends practically our entire lives, how could I not create feelings for you? We've always had each other’s back right? We are always together, even through thick n thin. It's you and I agai..." He was cut off by a loud echo coming from the living room as Liam and Zayn began to sing a song together, the lyrics ones I haven't heard before and were of what Niall had just said.

Liam began to sing, "You and I, we don't wanna be like them, we can make it till the end, nothing can come between you and I," at the same time as Zayn singing just You and I, dragging out the I and going into a significantly high note that made me gasp.