chapter twenty

LIVS POINT OF VIEW

Boxing day. Another boring, lonely day. Another day to sit around the cold house doing nothing. Another day of being just me and my thoughts. My phone buzzed by my side and I answered it, not bothering to look at the caller ID as I was just excited to know someone wanted to talk to me, to free me from my mind.

 “Hello,” I squealed, happy to hear someone’s voice.

"Well aren’t you happy to hear my voice?” A strong Irish voice boomed through the receiver.

“Elly,” I squealed back, she was with Louis at his family home in Doncaster, leaving me back here in London, just like Daisy.

“Hey you well, Merry Christmas for yesterday,” she squealed, her Irish accent strong and loud.

“You too gorgeous. How is Louis’,” I questioned, not wanting to tell her what I have done for the past few days or why I haven’t seen her. 

“We could be better I guess,” she shrugged it off, clearly not wanting to talk about it, “what about you? How is, urh home?”

“Could be better I guess,” I surly did not want to talk about it. “Anyways when will ya be home?” I tried to sound happy and the opposite of what I was really feeling.

“Um soon, a few days then we have to catch up,” something about her seemed a bit off. “Anyways I’ve gotta go, see ya soon, I was just calling to see if your still alive,” her laugh was dry, almost forced, we said our goodbyes and then she was off. I didn’t know what to do, everyone was away visiting family and the snow was getting deeper by the minute. TV was my only option and I felt like laughing since I was in such a down mood so I decided to have a marathon of How I Met Your Mother since I have only seen a few episodes.

Four seasons later I was in tears. The show was so funny that I hadn’t taken my eyes off the screen for a second. Right up until my phone buzzed. I paused the show and took this time to go toilet and get some more snacks. I checked my phone, just some stupid twitter notification, so I got up, went to the toilet and then into the kitchen to make myself a new steaming hot cup of tea. While the kettle was boiling I heard slight ringing coming from another room, it took me a good few minutes to realize it was my phone, so I ran into the living room, diving onto the couch and snatching my phone from the floor, answering it trying to sound like I didn’t just face plant while diving for my phone.

“Hello?” I didn’t have time to see the caller ID; I may as well never have it if I never check it.

“Hey Liv, it’s Liam, how are you?” I mentally praise Liam for telling me it him.

“Hey Liam, I’m alright and yourself?” I haven’t really talked with the boys very much so I wonder why he’s calling.  

“Yeah I’m great thanks. Hey what are you doing today?”

“Um nothing. Why?”

“Oh I was just wondering if you wanted to catch up today? I’ve gotta talk to you about something,” those words, those dreadful, horrible words that always lead to bad news.

“Um yeah okay, come over in about twenty?” I couldn’t be bothered going anywhere and I didn’t want to get stuck in the snow considering I haven’t driven in it before. We said our goodbyes and hung up. I rushed around the house, cleaning up my mess, vacuuming the chips off the floor and rearranging the knickknacks on top of the cupboards. I spent the next few minutes rushing around the house fixing up stuff that didn’t even matter; now I only have a few minutes to get dressed, no time for a shower. I put on some jeans and a simple blue tank top; the heating in this house is crazy. I tied my hair in a loose braid that fell over my shoulder and went back down stairs. Literally just as I reached the toilet, a loud knock boomed from the door, talk about good timing. I swung the door open to see Liam standing at the door, shacking the snow off his hair, it made me giggle slightly as he smiled, stepping into the house and taking off his huge coat, hanging it on one of the hooks on the wall beside the door.