chapter six

- Olivia -

I went to work upset, I really missed Niall. I needed him, but he didn’t want me so I had to let it go. I walked into work and put on one of my best smiles. I had practice from when I was a teenager and had to hide all my pain that I was putting myself through. I saw Ell and said good morning. We had a different photographer in today. He was young with big glasses and short black hair. I was helping him with some photos when Mr. Smith called me into his office. I was scared I had done something wrong, I am never good at getting told off.

“Hello Olivia, please take a seat,” he motioned towards the seat in front of his desk. I sat down and smiled, trying to not look afraid. Apparently I wasn’t doing to good of a job.

“Don’t worry your not in trouble,” Mr. Smith read my mind and laughed at me. I smiled back. “ I asked for you because I want to know if you have any new photos for me?” I shook my head.

“No sorry sir, I’ve been a bit busy trying to get comfortable here in England and my roommate and I are staying at her sisters so we are still trying to find somewhere to live for when she returns. I haven’t been out much either and I want to experience the beautiful landscapes of England not the city,” I tried to explain and Mr. Smith just kept nodding his head in agreement.

“That’s absolutely fine. I told you to get settled first before you start getting back on the horse. Have you been learning at what the photographers do before and after they have done a shoot?” he questioned me and I realized that this was to see if I have ben doing any work and not just collecting coffee for people.

“Yes I have. The photographers have been really great and including me in everything that they are doing. I have learnt to send off and edit photos as well. I’m really enjoying work for you,” this was true, it wasn’t just a suck up. I told you, I don’t lie.

After about 15 minutes of explaining to my boss on how to do all these steps, I was dismissed for the day. I finished up my work and left for the day, heading straight to the shops to get Elly’s present. I decided to text Dannie to just double check if it we were doing gifts. I was still going to get her something. 

*Hey we doing gifts for Elly?*

*Yep, bring them over when you arrive, we are putting them on a table and she is opening them when everyone leaves, if she can wait that long*

I giggled to myself and put my phone away. I searched the shop from top to bottom when I finally found it. A white teapot with lavender flowers over it and the name Elly painted in the middle. I bought matching cups all the same except for they had no name. I had to pay extra for the name but I didn’t care, it was worth it. I had seen all the tea sets she has on her bench and I though it would be a nice touch. Next on the list, a dress. This was the hard part. I would have been looking for about 40 minutes until I decided on a white pencil dress with a collar and shoulder sleeves. I picked up some simple white pumps and went to my car, heading home.

“Honey I’m hooooooooome…” I shouted out for Daisy who was in the kitchen.

“Hey how was work?” she looked up at me from her magazine and I answered.

“Yeah good, you? Oh have you got a dress for Ell’s party?” I saw her stop chewing and I knew that she had forgotten. I just giggled to myself.

“I’ve got a dress but I don’t have a present,” I could see her panicking.

“Hey don’t worry I got ya covered girl. I knew you’d forgot,” I just laughed and she smiled. We know each other too well. I pulled out the tea set and saw her face go wide.