Chapter Twenty-Two: Working For Forgiveness

Playing with the 18k white gold with pavé diamonds daisy bracelet that Lionel had given her for her birthday, Viola held back a smile as she admired the red rose, deep red rose, cinnamon rose bouquet of around fifty flowers.

It had been two weeks since the footballer had told her of his one night stand with his ex-girlfriend and he had everything in his power to make it up to her; the brunette looked down at Marley, who purred as she moved to settle in her new cat basket that was close to the radiator.

“Leo I’ve told you, you don’t need to do any of this… I forgive you,” Viola said into her mobile as she wondered how on earth he had managed to get the floors into the house that morning since he was locked in a hotel.

The brunette heard her husband chuckle as she looked at the flowers, this was the third bouquet that he had gotten her that week; she had repeatedly told him that he didn’t need to.

Lionel had also bought her a Swarovski lilac heart crystal pendant, Viola had been a little surprised that he was going this far to gain her forgiveness; she felt like it was a huge step in their marriage, she felt like it was a real marriage.

“I know you do Viola… but I haven’t forgiven myself, I am your husband and I betrayed you,” Lionel said making the brunette sigh as she moved to sit in the living room, she had a feeling that they were going to have a talk when he came home from training.

Viola grinned as she heard cheers and several footsteps and then she was forced to hold the phone away from her ear; she licked her lips amused as Lionel lost his phone to one of his team-mates.

“Hola Viola,” Thiago said into the phone, the brunette grinned as she sat back on the couch with Marley now sitting on her lap; the kitten purred as Viola stroked her behind the ears.

“Hey, give it back to me. Give it,” Lionel said as he tried to retrieve his phone, his wife laughed softly as she listened to what was being said.

She had a feeling that some of them were still a little upset that she had forgiven him for the one night stand that had happened two weeks ago.

“Hola Viola,” Carles said making the brunette laugh before she replied, she bit her lip as she heard Lionel yell at the captain to give him, his phone back.

“Carles! Just give me the damn phone back,” shouted Lionel who was starting to get annoyed with the game of piggy in the middle that was now according in the hotel room; he wanted to speak with his wife before they headed for the stadium.

“See if you can get it short stuff,” Carles teased making Viola bit back a laugh as she listened to the footballers banter; she felt really at home right now and she knew that this was where she was meant to be.

“Come on boys,  don’t be so mean,” Viola said making whoever was holding the phone now snort amused while Lionel tried again to retrieve his phone.

“You’re too nice to him Lala,” David said making the brunette roll her eyes as she heard Lionel call out for the phone to be returned to him.

“Let him talk to his wife,” Gerard shouted making Viola laugh, she had to admit that she had grown to love each of the boys; they weren’t anything like what she thought they would be.

“Ooh what are they talking about? Cristian’s in the room so it better not be phone sex,” Dani said making the youngest member of the team call out annoyed, the brunette licked her lips amused as she listened to their banter.

Then there were some mock kissing noises and several coos.

“Leo’s in love, Leo’s in love, Leo’s in love,” someone sang making Viola hold back a laugh; she could hear her husband getting annoyed and knew that this wasn’t going to end well for whoever was holding the phone.

“Hey Viola, when is the baby due?” Cesc asked making the brunette roll her eyes before she was bombarded by different questions from different players;

“Lala is he nice to you?”,

“Viola, how’s he in bed?”,

“Lala have you seen his…” said the voices as Lionel tried to retrieve his phone.

Suddenly there were screams and jeers as well as the sound of someone being tackled to the floor before Viola was greeted by the voice of her husband.

“Sorry Lala, I have to go now,” Lionel said making Viola laugh as the call disconnected, she knew that she would see him in a couple of hours; she also knew that they were going to have to have an important talk when he returned home.

***

Lionel sighed as he stepped into his bedroom, he smiled softly as he looked at Viola who was curled up in bed reading a book; the brunette smiled at him as he set down his bag and moved to take his shoes off.

Viola set down her book as she watched her husband for a moment, she knew that he wanted to talk to her; Lionel licked his lips as he watched his wife for a moment.

“I want us to be a proper couple Lala… no pretending, no just getting along because this is what our parents wanted,” Lionel said as he sat next to his wife, she stared at him a little surprised to what he asking her; he brushed some hair from her face while she licked her lips.

“I want to fall in love with you Viola,” Lionel said as he moved closer to her, he really felt guilty for what he had done to her with Antonella; he wanted to have a relationship with his wife and the mother of his unborn child.

Lionel sighed as he looked at the brunette wanting to her thoughts on what he was suggesting; she licked her lips as she ran a hand through her hair, she realised what he was offering but it made her wary.

“Leo are you sure about this?” the brunette asked cautiously, she watched him as his brown eyes searched hers; she was currently seven weeks pregnant and Lionel wanted to make sure that they had a relationship before their child was born.

“I’m sure… you are my wife and it feels wrong that there is this awkwardness between us, you shouldn’t have been able to forgive me so easily for what I did to you,” Lionel said softly shaking his head.

Viola had forgiven quickly for what had happened with Antonella because they had only known each other for several months and the brunette knew that Antonella held a piece of Lionel’s heart and she felt bad that because of their arranged marriage, they had been forced to break up.

Lionel still felt horrible for what had happened his constant gifts were a sign of that; he had only slept with Antonella because she had spiked his drinks with more alcohol than he knew about. “

Okay,” the brunette said making Lionel grin as he kissed her lips, Viola buried her fingers into his hair as they moved back onto their bed.

She knew that Antonella was still a very present threat to them, it was something that Viola worried would come and bite them on the butt; the other woman wasn’t going to let Lionel go without a fight.

“We do this our way… no interfering parents, nothing,” he said as he moved her onto her back, she nodded his head as his lips claimed hers; she wrapped her arms around his neck as they kissed, they knew that this was going to change everything for them.