Playboy

Prompt: non au where Camila still isn't talking to the girls but she sees and reacts to the new pictures of Lauren from the Playboy Photoshoot - @gaypartyinhell on Wattpad

----

It'd been over a year since Camila left.

Since then it'd been a whirlwind of drama and shade.

Now Fifth Harmony was officially over, an indefinite hiatus as it were.

Those six years gone in a glance.

Camila couldn't believe it.

Her first debut album; number one in hundreds of countries and charts. How did this happen so quickly? Loyalist fans and talent mostly.

And now she'd just heard Fifth Harmony was over. Camila felt that last little crack in her 5H soul. It was over.

No more reasons for shade. They were all solo now. No reason to hate each other.

She didn't reach out though. How could she? What would she say? Sorry I left but like I hear you guys are done sooo hey? Yeah right. Not happening.

----

It'd been a couple weeks. Camila had lowkey been keeping an eye on her ex bandmates while prepping for her first solo tour.

It'd been going well for them; Normani on the Love Simon soundtrack with Khalid. Dinah and Ally... doing whatever it is they do.

But Camila was scrolling through her Instagram during her break in rehearsals when she saw what Lauren had been up to.

In fact she choked on her water when she saw the first picture.

And then she just kept swiping through them. Six pictures of pure perfection. She didn't even see the caption until the second gallery popped up on her feed.

Her dance instructor was looking at her warily when she choked for the second time.

More pictures of perfection. And this time Camila recovered quicker; they were less... revealing.

Playboy.

Lauren had done a motherfucking Playboy photoshoot.

Camila groaned. They were gonna be ingrained in her head forever now.

----

The rest of her dance session had gone to shit. She just couldn't get the routine back in her head despite having worked on it for weeks now.

No surprise there when Lauren Jauregui in her underwear and a denim jacket was staring sultrily at you in your mind.

It was not her fault.

And now she had to deal with it. There was no way she could continue her silence now. She needed her best friend.

Now.

----

It had taken her a long ass time to pull up her contacts, let alone press the right one.

The phone rang and Camila chewed her nails.

"Walz?" Dinah's voice was heaven sent right now.

"Hey China." Camila said meekly.

"How uh- no, um, why uh why now?" Dinah asked. Camila sighed.

"Because I miss my best friend and I need to talk to you like now." Camila replied. Dinah hummed and Camila could hear her smile in her next words.

"You're at your place right? I'll be there in like a half hour." Dinah said. Camila grinned and they quickly said their goodbyes.