part 23

*austins pov*

I was really nervous about asking (y/n) out, she's so pretty and i get so nervous around her. I haven't felt this way about a girl in a really long time. "yes austin" (y/n) said. "um so i was wondering, do you want to maybe go out with me one night" i asked looking away. "i would love to austin" she said reaching out to grab my hand. "really?!" i said looking up. "of course" she said smiling. "great! i'll call you later tonight so we can figure out the details" i said.

*(y/n) pov*

It was hard keeping calm. I really really like austin, i don't want to mess anything up.
The other 3 boys came into the car and gave austin a look, almost to see if he actually asked me. "yes, i asked her" austin said laughing. Alex patted austin on the back and robert gave him a fist bump. "i'm happy for you guys" zach said touching both of our arms. "thanks man" austin said. "so when's the big date" robert asked. "we don't know yet" austin answered for both of us.
They dropped me off at my house and austin and i decided that we would go out next friday, but he wouldn't tell me where we were going. ugh these boys and surprises.

*friday night*

Austin was picking me up at 7 and i still didn't know where we were going, so i just put on high waisted shorts and a cute top.
Austin pulled up and got out of the car to come get me. I kept asking where we were going and he kept telling me "you'll see." We finally pulled up to a parking lot and i looked around and saw a carnival. "oh my god austin!! this is so cool" i said getting out of the car. "i thought you would like it" austin said walking up next to me. "what ride do you want to go on first?" austin asked. "i don't care, i'll go on anything" i said shrugging my shoulders. We went on a few rides and played a couple of games. Austin played the basketball game and won a giant teddy bear that he gave to me. "let's go on the ferris wheel" i said like a 5 year old would. "sure!" austin said. We got on line and handed our tickets to the worker. The ferris wheel stopped at the top, and we looked down to see a handicapped person getting on, which means we could be stuck up here for a while so they can get on comfortably. "wow look at the sunset" i said. "it's almost as beautiful as you" austin said back. i could feel my cheeks burning red. "thanks, but i'm really not that pretty" i said looking away. I wasn't trying to get attention, i always have had self esteem issues. "yes you are (y/n), look at me" austin said shifting in his seat. I was tearing up a little bit because i couldn't help but think of all those times people made fun of me in school. "(y/n), you are beautiful. inside and out, don't let anyone ever tell you differently." Austin put his hand on my chin and lifted my head up so we were staring into eachothers eyes. He was leaning in but i couldn't move, i was too nervous. His lips gently touched mine and i kissed him back. When we pulled away his hand was still on my cheek and he was smiling. I smiled back and layed my head on his shoulder. "thank you austin, for everything" i said. He didn't say anything, he just kissed my forehead and put his arm around me. After the ferris wheel we walked around the board walk and then he drove me home. "I had a really great time, thanks austin" i said as we walked up to my front door. "so did i, we should do this again sometime" austin said, turning to face me. i got up on my tippy toes and kissed austin on the cheek. "i'll see you tomorrow" i said before turning away and going into my house.
That was the best night i have had in miami so far.