O Negative

Scott and I instantly bolted in the direction of Lydia's bloodcurdling scream. This could not be happening. It was the Betas. It had to be. I should've known that something would happen. Every time Scott and I got together it lead to chaos.

We finally reach where we had left Lydia and Stiles and see drops of bloods all over the floor. I dreaded to think whose blood it was. Maybe it came from both of them. Everything that happened to me this past year made me want to faint or start panicking but I had to hold it together for Lydia and Stiles. I thought of all the training my dad gave me to control my emotions and I heard my mom's voice in my head telling me that I was weak if I was to let my emotions control me.

With a deep breath, I look to Scott and motion for him to check up ahead while I checked the side exit. I could tell he was reluctant to let me wander off, especially after the reminder we had earlier to that night at the fair, but he was too worried about our friends.

I make my steps as light as possible as I head toward the bright red exit sign. I only wish I could just run out of it and ignore what was happening. I turn the corner and my breath catches.

NO.

I see a body at the end of the hallway and my eyes blur. It took me a couple of seconds to realize that it was because my eyes were watering. I was frozen in place. I wasn't ready to see whose body it was. I dreaded it being Stiles' or Lydia's... But all the denial in the world couldn't save me from recognizing the bloodstained hoodie on the body.

It was Stiles and he wasn't moving. This time it wasn't some fluke. I take a deep breath and muster the courage to reach his body and brace myself for the worse.

"No. No. No. P-Please Stiles. Don't do this..." I choke out the words as I turn his body towards me.

Bruises are starting to form along his cheekbones and his nose is all bloody. I grab his wrist to check for a pulse when I see blood all over his knuckles. God Stiles why had you tried to fight back? Of course- Lydia.

I find a very feeble pulse and look behind me to hear footsteps smacking down on the pavement quickly. I shoot up and brace myself to fight even though I knew that I hadn't trained in so long that Stiles' himself would probably be able to beat me in a fight.

I visibly relax as I realize that it's only Scott and drop down to check on Stiles.

"Scott, call an ambulance. He's barely alive." I struggle to say the words without breaking down.

He immediately gets into action and calls Melissa right after he's done to make sure she's there when we get there. He was trying not to worry as was I but something else was bothering him. He was too quiet.

"Scott... where's Lydia?" I whisper.

"She's not here. She's gone." He replies solemnly.

Before I could react we hear sirens outside. Suddenly all I could think of were all the people who were in the ice rink around us before they disappeared. I hoped they were okay but I knew they probably weren't. Whoever the two new werewolves in town were- they definitely weren't looking to join a pack.

I try to keep it together as I watch the paramedics load Stiles' lifeless body onto the ambulance. Both of us try to get into the back with him but a man stops us, "Sorry, only one can come."

Scott and I look at each other. I couldn't handle the thought of not knowing if something happened to him on the way to the hospital. I knew I would regret the next words that came from my mouth but I couldn't stop them.

"Scott, is it okay if I-" I whisper but he cuts me off.

"Go. I'll drive and talk to Derek on the way." He turns around briskly and I knew that I had hurt him again.