Ask 10

Sam looked at the asker for a second, confused, still not noticing Lee, who was sitting on the floor, before Charles looked at Sam over the arm of the couch

"Hi, Sam..." He mumbled, and Sam yelped, moving away from the ghost and practically falling backwards onto George, who was basically completely lost in this conversation and was just kind of staring at Charles.

"Charlie, I mean- Charles, what the absolute fuck is happening?" Sam yelled, now clinging to George's arm in shock. Charles laughed slightly, not leaving his spot on the floor, though you could see the fear in his eyes.

"Um, h-hi? I don't exactly know what's happening e-either, or why I'm here, but...sorry for everything." He sighed, looking away from the man who used to be his friend. Sam slowly inched closer to the side of the couch Charles was near, staring at him.

"I-it's okay, Charles. It- It was my fault, anyways. I should be s-sorry." Sam muttered, and the ghost looked up at him, smiling slightly. Then they remembered the asker, who was waiting patiently for a reply.

"Well, I'm not really sure. After I..um..." Charles trailed off, only just then realizing that he wasn't alive anymore, but continued, "it's nice being a ghost, I guess. I wasn't a ghost before now, there was nothing. Just...nothing. And, well, I think it was chapter 15, but I-I'm not sure. So, I'm doing good, I guess?" Charles was incredibly confused by the word 'Brotatochip,' but didn't comment on it.

"Wait, chapter? Like, in a book? Ch-Charles do you know what they m-mean?" Sam stuttered, and Charles shrugged. It probably wasn't the best idea to tell Sam that this was all just a story being read by a few dozen people.

"Yes, um...Charles? Could you explain some of this to us, we don't really understand these askers." George spoke up for the first time in this chapter, still hesitant about talking to Sam's dead friend who had ended up traumatizing poor Samuel.

Charles just shrugged again, not wanting to break the fourth wall too much. Not yet, anyways.