Ask 50

"Um, well, maybe not yet

"Um, well, maybe not yet. We have the phone, and I think I got too obsessed with the laptop." George exclaimed, though he really did want the new laptop. It was probably best that they didn't get a new one yet.

Charles was about to say something, but a sharp, burning pain shot through his head, though it hurt more than the last few. He held his breath as the pain faded to a dull ache, before taking a few shaky deep breaths, blinking back tears. After a few minutes, he could finally continue what he was about to say.

"Okay...well, I-I...The Admin just t-told me that- they told me that G-George is going to g-get hurt? A-and..." Charles broke down into sobs, unable to continue. Sam attempted to awkwardly hold his hand, and Charles tried to focus on that, until eventually he had the faint feeling of Sam holding his hand. His form flickered, but he didn't care until Sam pulled away, looking at him worriedly.

"Ch-Charles, y-you actually held my hand? A-and it almost made you dis-disapper forever..." Sam sighed, and Charles sniffled, wiping his eyes.

"Y-yeah, but...it was nice holding y-your hand. I haven't touched anything in so long..." He laughed sadly, feeling incredibly tired. Sam smiled slightly at him, and at that moment, everything was okay. Even George seemed calm, despite the oncoming threat of suffering.

The three just sat in silence, everything being peaceful. None of them even noticed the asker wanting to play with the puppy, but the tiny dog ran up to the asker anyways, barking.