Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I didn’t like my morning to well. I had trouble waking up due to the

unlucky meeting I had in the middle of the night. I think that I nearly cried. My mom was still asleep in her bed, but I didn’t want her bothering me while I would question dad. She had to be away. I had to make sure that she left from the house.

I went to her bedroom and watched as she was woke up from her sleep.

She recognised me and offered me a seat.

- Mom, I said.

- Yes?

Her voice was tired but still as joyful.

- Are you going somewhere today?

- Nope. Why?

That complicated things a bit.

- You should go! Look at you, spending your days at home when you could have some fun outside, to a pool.

- What are you up to?

- Nothing. But really, you should go.

She hesitate and looked at me once or twice. Then, she willingly approved my offer.

- You’re right, I do need a vacation. I’ll get ready. You want to come?

- No. I already am busy. But I’ll stay with dad.

She nodded and left to change into good clothes and took a small shower. My mission was going well so far. My iPhone rang and I realised that it was a text message from Ismania.

Where were u last night? You missed the meeting!

I put my phone up to my face and wrote a quick reply.

Was busy. What were they talking about?

It took a little bit more time. But she ended up replying.

Some Black Star thing. You wouldn’t believe me.

But I already did.

LOL :P

Com on! I’ll believe, I promise you!

The reply came faster than the others. I knew that she wouldn’t explain everything in that small reply, so she probably told me no or suggested another day.

Thx (4 believin). We’ll tell you ASAP. How about Monday? Have a great weekend!

:P

And she ended our conversation since my phone told me that she was now offline.

My mom came in with an awesome yoga suit.

- I'm going to the gym. To work out. Bye, honey.

She kissed me slightly and left downstairs, telling dad the same thing. They kissed and when I heard the door properly bang, I left downstairs.

- I prepared breakfast, but you might not like it, he said.

Was he willing to tell me what I was? Maybe Menodora was lying. Still, I couldn’t take the risk.

He had prepared burned eggs. How sweet of him.

- Dad?

- Yea?

- I had trouble sleeping yesterday. Some girl cam in the night. Called Menodora.

At that, he dropped his cooking gloves and looked straight at me. I tilted my head.

- Were you willing to tell me?

He looked down, ashamed. He sat down beside me.

- Black Star, he said.