Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Plane trips aren’t that fun. They might seem like it, but it wasn’t fun. First of all, the food had to be the worst ever. Second, the ladies who served us “accidentally” poured some juice on my dress. And third of all, I didn’t have any clothes to change with. However, Ian offered to help me clean the juice away, which was the only good thing about the plane trip.

- What time is it? asked Kyle.

Ian looked out of the window and grinned. I was sitting beside him, but he was the closest to the window. Kyle was on the seat in front of us. Nobody was beside him because Kyle scared the people away.

- Time for us to go visit Greece.

Ian was right, we were there already. The voice told us that we arrived to destination.

Kyle was dizzy when he finally put his feet on the ground. It took a few hours to go to Greece. Now, we were in Athens. Capital of Greece.

Ian took our suitcases and we just followed him. I didn’t know where he was leading us towards. He walked down the street across the city and I admired the olive trees that circled the area. The beautiful columns supporting the houses. Lots of houses had elegant gates closing them.

Ian told me and Kyle to stay beside an antiquity of the city while he went to the center information to know about Sean Thorne.

The old structure was nearly down. It reminded me of the Coliseum, in Rome, except the fact that this building wasn’t round. I noticed a small info station with a poster of it. I read it.

Athens, the capital and largest city of Greece, was founded in the 9th century B.C. Many buildings from antiquity still stand in the modern city. The structure pictured here, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, was built in the 2nd century B.C. by Greek scholar Herodes Atticus. It lies on the southwest slope of the Acropolis.

Greece was very interesting. I had a feeling that I would really like this country.

Ian told us that the lady in the info center—who supposedly started to flirt with him—told him that Sean Thorne lived in Rhodes, an island far from Athens. We had to cross water.

This was going to be a long journey.

The lady from the counter came up to Ian.

- Hi again, her voice was squeaky.

- Hey.

- So, is this your sister? she asked him.

What was she doing? Was this what Ian called flirting? Ian grinned at me and he knew that I didn’t understand that this girl was in love with him.

- No, Lana. This is Diana. My girlfriend.

The lady with blond hair and brown eyes blushed in embarrassment. She tried to smile, and Kyle was trying to hide his.

There was something about her. So familiar in the voice.

- Pleased to meet you, Lana.

I held out my hand. She didn’t take it, I didn’t expect her to. She smiled and turned sharply and kissed the next boy who she met.