Chapter 25

Chapter 25

I didn’t know Menodora wasn’t home. Colin Travis was out too. It was only Kyle and Ian who were able to see me cry. I didn’t have the strength to tell them what happened. Ian led me to my room.

- You’ll tell us? he asked me.

- Do I have a choice? I told him, laughing through my tears.

I told them the story and they listened to me at every word. I loved them, I couldn’t let Arthur take them away from me.

- If you killed Scarlett and that there are two other ones left to find which means they need three more in the Circle…, started Kyle.

- It means that we are now in a race with them. First one who finds them gets the glory, finished Ian.

Menodora came with Colin Travis a few minutes after and she was disappointed with me. I couldn’t really blame her.

Colin Travis was as silent as ever, not responding. He was the only one between Kyle, Menodora and Ian who wasn’t immortal. Menodora had to wait until Ismania became a prophet.

Talking about Ismania, I hadn't seen her in a while.

- Menodora?

- What is it, honey?

We were in the library and she was still reading her old book. I was reading about Artemis a little.

- Where’s Ismania? I haven’t seen her in a while.

Menodora posed her book on the table in front of us and looked at me. We didn’t bother to pay attention to the fairies taking it away.

- Listen, darkling. Ismania left to Fiji to go get Dionysus’s relative.

I listened closely. Why hadn't I known that?

- And we have to do the same.

I frown my eyebrows.

- Diana, you have to get Hermes’s relative in Greece. Colin Travis will go with me to get Ares’s relative in England.

I nod.

- But who goes with me, Menodora?

- Ian and Kyle. They are both strong and fierce. And I know how much Ian loves you.

Love. It feels weird how she said it so naturally. It seemed almost like a dream.

- When do we leave?

I had to go. I couldn’t back down on this one. I accepted the fact I wouldn’t be the only one searching for Hermes’s relative. I had to know which relative the Circle of Dawn was going to start with.

- We all leave tomorrow morning. Ian packed his bags and so did Kyle. You will have to soon. At exactly eight o clock, we leave to the airport. I don’t want to use magic now that Arthur knows who the Black Star is. He might be able to detect it. So please, Diana, don’t use any magic.

It seems hard of me to not use magic. But I had to respect it.

- Menodora, do you know where Arthur will go first?

She shook her head.

- That it what I fear of, child. I don’t know.

I was disturbed by the thought of it. If it worried Menodora, it didn’t mean good.

Yes, I packed my bags. As Menodora said, I didn’t use magic. But I had to at least bring Artemidoros. I just had to have at least some company.

- Diana?

It was Kyle. He came in my room.

- What is it, Kyle? I asked him glumly.

- Have you packed your bags? Kyle said walking towards me.

- Yes, I have.

He nodded and asked me why Artemidoros was in the bag.

- I need it, Kyle.

- But Menodora strictly said—

- I know, Kyle. I heard her.

He made a grimace with his face and left the room. I knew Kyle wasn’t going to tell, but I was worrying him.