Chapter 35

Chapter 35

The soft wind blew me. I was in the dark and doing nothing. Except screaming and crying. Was it like that forever? I was in the Underworld. I knew that I certainly passed by the place we call hell. But what was I going to do? Nothing. That was my punishment. To do nothing all the rest of…eternity. I just hoped that they allowed visits.

That’s when I feel it. The pain in the stomach.

A knife cutting through.

Someone was taking my children.

But how could I feel it if I was dead?

I felt a drop of blood go on my face and a hand wiping it off. That touch.

It was Ian.

I didn’t have to look. I could tell by the way he touched me.

Ian was getting the babies out. He wanted to raise them. I would’ve cried, but I didn’t dare. What if he heard me?

Then, once he left, my eyes fluttered open. I stared for a long time at the sky. At the moon and its splendors. Now, I was looking at what Artemis represented. The moon.

But how was it possible?

It hit me. What had Arthur said?

 Not one blood from Lady Diana shall be spilled or it might give unwanted effects.

Not one drop of blood. But Ian did drop my blood and without knowing it, he blocked the curse.

I wasn’t dead. I was still alive. I was breathing. I could feel. I could feel the pain in my stomach because Ian had cut the babies out. I still had hope.

The forest behind the mountain was my only choice. Ian went in the opposite direction and I knew that there wouldn’t be any accidental visits. It hurt me to let him go like that, but I would find him again. It would take some time, but I would.

I climbed the mountain and grimaced when I saw the top of it. That was were I died tragically. Everyone at camp was sleeping, but I was still scared that they would hear me. The circled area wasn’t any different from the last time I’d seen it. A tear fell down my cheek. I wasn’t dead and I knew what that meant. As much as Arthur wanted it to be true, I wasn’t dead. I was still living and that meant that we weren’t done. Not for a while.

I raced down the mountain and stayed behind it. I heard people gasping.

- The body’s not there.

- Was it an animal?

- Look! Blood! Is it Arthur’s?

- It’s red.

- I know. But that means that she’s still dead.

Red? I slid my finger to my stomach. I could feel. My blood was red.

I wasn’t a Black Star anymore.

But how did it happen? Was it even possible?

If I wasn’t the Black Star, then why was I still standing?

- No, I whisper faintly.

It all made sense.

I ran into the woods and caught a few branches in my hair. I was in a white gown, like hey always did when people died. Put them in beautiful clothes. Makeup and beauty. I was at the edge of the forest and spotted a small house. I already knew who lived there.

Go in, Diana. Kailee will help.

A voice echoed in my head and I knew that it was Cassandra.

Before I opened the door, I heard it.

The song.

I heard that song again echoing in my head and all around the forest.

- Black Star, Black Star. Forever you will be a shining star, shining star. Be whatever you can be. A rock star, rock star. You will always be a Black Star, Black Star, Black Star. Black Star, Black Star, Black Star.

Black Star. I already knew who that was now. Now, there were two Black Stars.

My children.

This wasn’t the end.

THE END? MAYBE NOT…

DON’T WORRY! THIS ISN’T FINISHED. STAY TUNED AND READY. DIANA WILL BE BACK, AND SO WILL THE TWO NEW BLACK STARS.

THIS IS NO FAIRYTALE.

THIS IS REAL.

- Michelle Hossari xox

LIST OF GODS:

Zeus: The god of the sky and ruler of the Olympian gods.

Poseidon: god of the sea.

Hades: god of the dead.

Apollo: god of prophecy and sun god.

Artemis: goddess of hunting and of wild

animals, especially bears,  the goddess of childbirth, of nature, of harvest and is a moon goddess.

Athena: goddess of industry and the arts, wisdom and war goddess.

Demeter: goddess of grain and of the harvest.

Hera: goddess of marriage and the protector of married women and queen of gods.

Aphrodite: the goddess of love and beauty.

Hephaestus: god of fire and metalwork.

Ares: god of war.

Hermes: messenger of the gods and god of commerce.

Dionysus: god of wine and vegetation.

The End? Don’t think so. There is still a lot left to know.

AKNOWLEDMENTS:

THANKS TO MY SISTER, MARIANNE, WHO READ THE BOOK WITH INTEREST AND SUSPENSE.

THANKS TO MY FRIENDS ON BOOKEMON WHO SUPPORTED ME AND LEFT ME AMAZING COMMENTS.

MOST OF ALL, THANK YOU TO THE  “PERCY JACKSON” SERIES OF WHICH I LEARNED SO MUCH OF THE GREEK GODS.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU.

- MICHELLE HOSSARI  XOX