Chapter 48: Night Out

The guys all follow me in still with big smiles on their faces. The door closes behind us.

This room looks like a normal bedroom except people dressed in teenager clothing from the sixties are all around making out with each other in corners, on chairs and sitting on the bed. This is a messed up haunted house. All their faces are facing away from us.

"Are we supposed to play along?" Trever says nudging me.

I slap him on the shoulder as I look around the room and soon spot a mirror.

"I found our way out." 

The couples all turn away from each other and look to us as it looks like their faces are melting. I walk past them as they grab at me and walk over to the mirror. I push to the bottom of it and it swings open on a swivel in the middle. I quickly crawl through the bottom into the next room which is pitch black. I read a sign in the middle and on it says...

'Do not breath...He will hear you...'

The guys soon come in quietly with smiles and read it.

"HELLO!?!" Mason says loudly as he walks in and looks to me.

The whole room soon glows. Yeesh, this haunted house must have cost a fortune. L.J.  shoves me forward into the blinding light only for someone to appear right in front of me. I take a step back as the room turns dark and a light is singled on him. His fake eyes are popped from their sockets and he turns to us.

"Will you help me find my eyes? I need to find my eyes!" He screams in a dark voice.

The guys watch me as I sneak past him to another door.

"HeLp mE!!" He screams rushing over towards the guys.

They all move out of the way and we all rush out the next door. It's a tiny room that we all have to squeeze to get into with seats on the floor. We all sit in one and are still all sitting close to each other to the point of just being squished with one other seat open. A red light soon flashes reading, 'buckle up.'

We all do, putting the straps on ourselves and I grab the bottom of the seat. The floor quickly drops and we hit the ground before a wall opens leading out.

I unbuckle first and are the first one out. The guys soon follow.

"So unafraid right?" Gray says.

"You screamed in my face as you tackled me. Yeah being tackled to the ground by a maniac is kinda scary. How would you feel if I tackled you?"

"You can't tackle me," Gray says with a smirk.

"I wouldn't put it past her," L.J. says looking over to Gray.

"I volunteer to be tackled by Beth," A says with a smile as we walk over to the Ferris wheel.

I roll my eyes. "What kind of friends do I have?"

"The best kind," Alan says.

We soon make it to the Ferris wheel and stand in line.

"So, Beth, you know the strategy to this?" Leo says.

"What are you talking about?"

The guys smirk at me.

"You choose the cutest people to stand next to so you get to ride with one of them," Gray says pushing me away from him.

"So I should go to the other line?" I say smirking back at him.

"Ouch."

Once the people on the ride get off the line starts to move and the guys and I all split up and I end up with L.J. and Alan beside me and beside them are two other girls. When the next two-seater comes down L.J. goes up and I end up sitting next to him.