(Part 2) Chapter 19: A Real Fight

"That's something only she could really explain," A says.

"Well?"

"I walk in, stuff happens and I'm coming out in an ambulance," I say smiling slightly.

"No duh. What did you actually do? How did you take them all out?"

My smile falters and I shrug my shoulders.

"Come on!"

"She broke one guy's arm, shot another and then took that gun and shot a few more, kneed a guy and then shot another guy," Gray says speaking for me before smiling back at me.

I smile at him and the coach comes back over.

"Two-mile run, in under twenty minutes, let's go."

The guys all sigh and I stand up happily. I ran more than that in under twenty minutes all summer. This is gonna be easy. 

We all walk out to the track and start running. I get a small sprint start ahead of the guys but they all quickly catch up.

"Of course your happy about this. You were running all summer," L.J. says.

"Yep, later boys."

I speed up my pace to my normal and quickly leave them behind then go just above that speed on the second mile. I finish and go over to the coach as he looks at a stopwatch.

"Fourteen forty-nine."

I smile as we watch the other guys. They all start to come in on minute sixteen but some came in on fifteen. The last three are about to finish on eighteen and we all start heading in without them.

We all get back to the gym.

"Sparring partners, working on taking double leg takedowns and keeping them from happening.

Gray and I quickly stand closer to one another and walk over to another area if the mat.

"Now, person closest to the back wall rotate to the next person," Coach says looking to me and Gray in particular.

He walks off and sighs.

I turn my attention back to the world around me. Hunter walks over. You know, that guy who was against me competing.

Coach quickly gives a demonstration and explains how to do it before telling us to start.

 Hunter scowls at me as we get into position.

I put my left hand on his shoulder and leave my right hand low to protect my legs. He puts his left hand on my shoulder as well and coach blows his whistle.

I put my hand on top of his head making him go to push his head back up and try to take me down but as he snaps up higher than the level he was in, I drive forward till my knee touches the ground. I put my head beside him and my hands behind his knees, driving up and back on both feet. 

I send both him and myself to the mat, getting a takedown when his back and shoulders touch the mat. I stand back up and back up as he stands back up. We are the first group to get a takedown.

"Oh!"

"Can't handle your partner Hunter?"

"Shut it."

The smile that was once on my lips disappears as he turns back to me. I notice Gray carrying a stone face from the corner of my eyes. We get into position again. We both get in a few takedowns and avoid other takedowns till class is over.

We all stand up and start to the locker rooms. Gray comes to my side and quickly puts his arm around my side, pulling me into him. I wrap my arm a bit more loosely around him in return and as the team disperses he quickly presses his lips to mine.