.: Chapter One - Mystified Boredom :.

I peeled my eyes open, feeling drowsy. A blanket was covering me. Confused, I bolted up into a sitting position. Maybe it was a dream? No, it couldn't be; the room I was in wasn't mine. I was on some bed that had white pillow cases over soft, fluffy pillows; a white sheet covering the mattress; another white sheet under a warm, golden duvet that had intricate, swirly designs on it. There were golden armchairs with the same swirly designs strategically placed around the room; a large chestnut coloured bookcase was placed in the corner left of the bed; the bedside table was the same chestnut colour as the bookcase; a wardrobe was in another corner of the room, diagonally opposite on the right; a tanned Persian rug lay on top of the coffee coloured carpet; and a T.V. stood directly opposite the bed. There were no windows, only wall scones that emitted a yellow light, adding to the whole golden theme of the room. It seemed like a hotel suite.

I slipped out of the bed, feeling rather rested and content that I still wore the clothes that I had on - and not some stranger's clothes - before I awoke in this strange place. I walked over to the wardrobe and opened it; there was a mirror on one of the doors and a whole selection of colourful clothes. I decided to go for something red, since I hardly ever wore anything of that colour. The red piece of clothing was a t-shirt that said 'YOLO' on it. Sigh. Yolo had to be one of the stupidest sayings ever, but I looked at the size of it, anyway, and I smirked.

I turned around and taunted with a bigger smirk plastered on my face, "Wrong size, guys."

I guess I had to stay in my Parachute shirt, dark blue denim vest, faded denim shorts and canvas lace-up boots that reached my mid-calf - I could proudly say that I painted the fictional world on them.

There was a machine on the other side of the room, I went and investigated the uses of it. A keypad with numbers was attached to the metal the was stuck onto the wall. A piece of paper, folded into three, was set on a table. I picked it up and read it - it turned out that it was a menu and the keypad was for choosing the different dishes that were offered. There were so many to pick from, so I closed my eyes and pointed at the piece of paper. My finger was pointing at a dish that was called 'Dessert Pizza', so I entered in 94542. The machine made a whirring noise and the metal plate rose up vertically, revealing another metal plate presenting a white, ceramic plate that held the supposed dessert pizza.

The T.V. looked inviting, so I turned that on and sat down on the bed, cross-legged. Spongebob Squarepants was screening, so I left it on at that channel and began munching on the pizza, which was surprisingly good. It had melted chocolate with sprinkles, hundreds & thousands, marshmallows, bits of caramel, gummy bears, Skittles, and the crust was filled with sherbet. I was going to get a sugar high and then I'd be pounding on the door, trying to make them open it. Hm, the door... I hadn't tried opening it yet.

As soon as I finished the pizza, I placed it on the table with the menu and walked over to the door. I tried twisting the door handle; it was locked as I suspected.

Soon after, I looked for books to read - they were all boring. In fact, I was extremely bored and had nothing to do.

Frustration overcame me and I screamed, "Don't you have anything fun that I could do - something that isn't boring. Why can't you let me out and where's Tazmin?!"

That was when I really worried for Taz.

I felt like throwing a tantrum, but that wouldn't make anything better - it'd just make me look like an immature twenty-two year old.

With nothing to do, I went back to bed, resigned.