.: Chapter Five - Infiltration :.

"We've come up with a plan while all of you were out," enlightened Macy.

"And what would the plan be?" inquired Uncle Jex.

"We sneak in and shut the machine down," answered Jae.

"What about Plan B?" interrupted Eryx. "You know, Plan A might not work."

"Then we'll have to think of something on the spot." Her voice sounded different.

"What if something happens to one of them? Then what?"

"We'll have to anticipate everything that could go wrong and plan for them."

"Even if they get killed, Jae? What happened to you? You used to be the one who always had a Plan B and you never ever let something happen to a member of the team, even if they weren't really in the team - you know what I mean."

"Nothing happened, I'm still that person." Jae's voice started to sound the same as it usually did, again.

Something was definitely wrong, but I didn't ask or say anything - the situation was already as tense as a spring.

Eryx squinted at Jae, trying to depict her motives; he must've found none as he stomped off in the direction of the rooms.

"Continuing on," Jae paused. "We'll be sneaking through the grasslands and climbing over the fence. We'll be infiltrating the centre through here and here. Aura will be having a reunion with her parents and undoubtedly informing them of the situation. We want it quick and clean. Questions, anyone?"

The room was stark silent.

"Good. We'll be assembling here in one hour. Dismissed." Was Cray getting to her head or was this how she was usually like when she was on an op.?

Airily, I stalked off to my room - I wanted to see what it looked like and I had nothing better to do to pass the time.

The bedroom had a velvet cake red carpet; a bed that had a maroon coloured duvet spread over its entirety of creamy beige sheets and puffed up pillows that were similar to éclairs; and the wallpaper had designs with cracks on it with light swirls and shapes as a background, making it look like marble. On the bedside table, a rectangular box shaped radio stood on its stumpy legs - it was tar black (no surprises, there) with a little screen with digital time; flat, but big buttons lined its face, as well as gigantic dials - everything big seemed to be in style, even the t-shirts, which were baggy and everything.

I strolled over to the radio and turned it on; instantly, a pleasant voice of a man announced, "Next up, Dyin' Ain't Much of a Livin' by Jon Bon Jovi."

A whiskey bottle comforts me

And tells me not to cry

While a full moon sings a prayer for me

I try to close my eyes

But the night's there to comfort me

Of the guns and the early graves

The ghosts appear as I fall asleep

To sing an outlaw's serenade

Well, that song was more than a little depressing, but far better than any of the modern day mainstream music that everyone listened to. I mean, Justin Bieber and One Direction... Really?

"Aura." Taz interrupted my thoughts. "Was I interrupting something?"

"Oh. No, you weren't. I was just pondering about how music here is better than what's on the charts, right now." I smirked.

"I will have to agree with you partly, although, I love One Direction..."

And that, my friend, is how the 'good-natured' argument began, while Aerosmith, Whitney Houston and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers played in the background. Not long after, we were called out to the living room.

We rushed there and we found Uncle Jex and Eryx watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. At least they  were having fun and Eryx didn't seem mad, anymore.

We - they, as in everyone except Taz and I - grabbed the gear needed and piled into the inconspicuous vehicles (including us this time).

"Let's get this show on the road!" Jae whooped in excitement.

I must've dozed off because it was now twilight - it was a dark blue, like the depths of the salty seas, and a deep violet, like the grape Pop Rocks that were available in every shop in this year. Argh, I suddenly started to crave them. How was I going to leave 1990 and go back to 2012? It was so tempting to just stay here, but that could never happen.

We got out of the cars and stealthily crept up the towering grass slopes, making no sound whatsoever. I didn't know how I was able to be so quiet, since I was usually so clumsy... and loud. I knew my luck with stealth had ran out when all I heard was the trampling of my canvas boots and the bristling of the thin, waist-height grass against the drainpipe jeans I was wearing. I was making way too much noise - noise that would certainly draw unwanted attention to us; I struggled to stifle the racket that erupted whenever I brushed anything and everywhere I tread.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch.

Really, it had to be leaves of all things? They were so... crackly and loud. Quickly, we passed the leaves, tip-toeing over them, so we didn't have to go through the agony any longer.

We came to a halt, standing directly in front of a fence that was bent into diamond shapes that was spread around a generous area outside of the building that was supposedly the building they were supposed to infiltrate.