Sentence Prompt No. 31

Sentence Prompt: "I haven't slept in ages."

Sister!reader (anotha one) (i'm sorry i'll do dating soon)

(y/n) POV

"How many cups of coffee is that, kiddo?" Dean asked as I drained yet another mug of coffee and set it down on the library table.

"I don't know, like six?" I guessed. "I'm fine, I just really want to wrap this research up and actually go hunting." I complained. "Besides, you're on just as many." I pointed out.

"Touché." Dean conceded. "Anyway, I think I've got something." he said, changing the subject, in true Dean fashion. "Looks like an alpha again. Werewolf this time."

"Didn't we kill him?" I asked. "Wait, no, just kidding, that was the vamp." I corrected myself.

"Yeah, stuff tends to blend together, doesn't it?" Sam asked. I nodded.

"So will the colt kill it?" I asked. "It should, right?" Sam and Dean both nodded. "Do we still have it in the bunker?" Dean nodded. "Alright, well, I'll go pack our stuff up and we can be on the way in fifteen minutes."

"Alright, I'll make another pot of coffee and fill up our travel mugs." Sam said.

"And I'll go make sure Baby's fully stocked and our ammo isn't low." Dean said. This was how we'd started hunts for as long as I could remember. 

I walked into the garage fifteen minutes later carrying all our luggage, getting through the door just ahead of Sam, who had our coffee. Dean stood up from where he was hunched over the trunk, his upper body fully in it. The three of us loaded up the car and were on our way in moments.

We all thought we were decently prepared to take on an alpha wolf, but boy were we wrong. I lost track of how many times I got smacked or tossed into a wall, and Sam got knocked out about two minutes into the fray. Dean got the worst of it, though. As he was getting to his feet with the colt, the alpha managed to rush him and rake his claws across his entire torso, starting at his left shoulder and pulling his claws out just above Dean's left hip.

I was the one who finally managed to shoot the werewolf dead. When the wolf got Dean, the colt skittered over to me. I yelled, enraged, and shot it five times. It collapsed, dead, and Sam pulled himself up off the ground and I limped over to Dean.

It was a struggle with Sam and I so injured, but we got Dean out to the Impala. Sam was the least injured, so he drove while I took stock of a stab wound and tried not to move what I was pretty sure was a broken knee. I didn't even want to think about the bullet wounds in my shoulder and gut. 

Sam got us to a hospital in record time and they took Dean first, rushing him into surgery. I assume I was next, but as I watched Dean get wheeled away, I collapsed before I even knew what was happening.

Sam POV

Just after Dean was wheeled away, (y/n) collapsed. I managed to catch her just before she hit the ground and yelled for doctors to come help. In no time flat, nurses had surrounded us and pulled (y/n) from my arms.

I watched as they took (y/n) back to surgery, leaving me alone with my thoughts. A nurse came to get me about ten minutes later. I protested at first, but she assured me I'd be the first to know if anything happened with Dean or (y/n) and I relented, realizing I was hurt pretty badly. She stitched me up and set my wrist and then led me to a different waiting room that was closer to the OR. I waited there for hours until finally, finally, a doctor walked in, headed straight for me. I stood to meet him, accidentally towering over him, as he stopped in front of me.

"I'm Doctor Adams." he said.

"Are they okay?" I asked, barely giving the doctor time to take a breath.